Ladies & Gentlemen, we have a squat!!! (Update - and now an EGG!!!)

lsv313

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 23, 2010
Everett, WA
Winnie, my 25 week old GLW squatted for me yesterday! I have 8 hens, from 17-30 weeks, and I was beginning to give up hope that I'd ever see an egg from these freeloaders! This is my first chicken experience, and I was much more excited than I imagined to see Winnie squat! Hoping for an egg soon
fl.gif
I am going out of town for 10 days for Christmas soon, and she better not wait till I'm gone to lay that first egg! I have waited way to long and worked way too hard to have someone else find it!

Last edited:
I hear you - my EE (almost 27 weeks) started squatting this week! I did not realize I would be so excited to see her squat. Also, I did not realize the squat would be so "defined". Today she has started squaking louder. Its so exciting. I had started giving up hope of winter eggs. Congrats!~

EGG!!!!!
wee.gif

It is a perfect, beautiful cream colored egg. A little smaller than store eggs, but not nearly as small as I thought it might be. We noticed her going alone into the coop and checking out the next boxes a few times today, and then we saw her go in and not come out... and not come out... so we ran an errand and came back to find this beautiful miracle!

63882_egg2.jpg

celebrate.gif

She went right to her nest box and everything! I had been worried that since they free range the eggs end up under the porch, in the bushes, etc., but she knew right where to go!

63882_egg.jpg

And here is Winnie, the seemingly unphased mama
love.gif

63882_winnie.jpg

I am so proud of her!
clap.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom