Lahore pigeons

. Is this the color you are referring to?

. Is this the color you are referring to?
Yes indeed! I checked out that page with the various genetic pairings, but there was no mention of 'black' as a base color; just blue, brown and red. It makes sense that a black and lavender would produce a 'blue' but do you or anyone here have experience mixing colors for Lahores?

Last edited:
Yes indeed!   I checked out that page with the various genetic pairings, but there was no mention of 'black' as a base color; just blue, brown and red.   It makes sense that a black and lavender would produce a 'blue' but do you or anyone here have experience mixing colors for Lahores?   
I do have multiple colors. I mainly have solid red males and 2 females like photo shows. The young are always solid black or solid red for me.

I do have multiple colors. I mainly have solid red males and 2 females like photo shows. The young are always solid black or solid red for me.
Good looking birds. I like black, lavender and cream colroed ones the most, and I'd love to get a couple of pair of blues (barred, checked or plain). One would think that looking on line, they're be plenty, but such is not the case. That's why I'm hoping that some mix of other colors can get me that. What color is that male in the picture? Black or blue?

Good looking birds.  I like black, lavender and cream colroed ones the most, and I'd love to get a couple of pair of blues (barred, checked or plain). One would think that looking on line, they're be plenty, but such is not the case.  That's why I'm hoping that some mix of other colors can get me that.  What color is that male in the picture? Black or blue?  
The picture of that male is actually a red one. With my two red males and two blue barred hens I always get solid red or solid black young.

The picture of that male is actually a red one. With my two red males and two blue barred hens I always get solid red or solid black young.
Wow, the genetics are weird. I'd like to find something dealing with the pairings for Lahores that they have with Ring Neck Doves. A cheat sheet, of sorts.

Back
Top Bottom