Lakwood, Wa Pierce County

7happybutterflys

Hatching
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Hello, I am new her and although I remember some of the information about how many hens you can have in pierce county (16) and how you can use up to 1000 square feet for them to roam. And aproximate building size?? Can not rember but know about how big it can be. Anyone out there from this area that can bring me back up to speed with any of this kind of information? Thank you!!

Last edited:
Found it! This is for the City of Lakewood...

18A.50.160- Animals in Residential Districts

A. Peacocks, roosters, turkeys, ostriches, emus, other similar birds, wild, undomesticated or exotic mammals, and cows, sheep, llamas, goats, swine, and other livestock, but excluding horses, shall be prohibited in all zoning districts in the City except AC1 and AC2. Horses and equestrian facilities shall be permitted only as allowed by LMC 18A.30, Zoning Districts.

B. Poultry, pigeons, ducks, and similar birds, and rabbits and similar mammals, except as prohibited in Subsection 18A.50.160.A. above, raised for domestic, noncommercial use shall be permitted as an accessory use to a dwelling unit on any lot, provided:

1. A minimum setback of ten (10) feet from all property lines shall be required for all hutches and twenty (20) feet for all pens, coups, aviaries, similar enclosures, and free-range areas.
2. No more than sixteen (16) poultry, birds or rabbits and similar mammals shall be permitted per acre.
3. Aviaries or lofts shall provide a minimum of one (1) square foot for each pigeon or similar bird and shall not exceed one thousand (1000) square feet.

(Ord. 264 ? 1 (part), 2001.)

I am from nearby DuPont, WA. This is an old post, but would anyone know what the technical difference would be between a hutch and a coup? I have seen many that seem to be interchangeably listed and it seems that would be the difference between 10 feet in this case.

Back
Top Bottom