Lame Duck Question..

So, my injured duck is doing better today. She walked out of the dog kennel today, which was my benchmark for when she would be well enough, so I put her back with the flock! I know she is happier out there even though she was all snuggled up in a warm house. She is a sweet duck. I do think it was a dislocated hip, because she wasn't able to stand until I accidentally popped it back in place. But no worries I will continue to keep a close eye on her.

Today is a big day because everyone is in the pasture the chicks and ducks are in their new Super Coop, they've been locked in for two day and today they get to come out and free range with the other chickens! :fl Things go well!

Thanks to everyone for your advice! I wouldn't know what to do without you all! :love

Good news! Finally my lame duck was able to get into the pool for the first time since her injury! I had put her in a few days ago to try to clean her off a little she was very dirty. But she got in and went crazy with the cleaning, I thought she was drowning at first, that's how much of a fuss she was making! And, today she looks to be all healed, she can wattle up the hill to the food now, she wattles like the others now!

sorry for the yoyo but Duck Duck is not okay! She was doing good..and then one day She wasn't! She sits most of the day and when she does get up she wattles a few feet and then falls to the ground, she has to use her wings to get up and steady herself. I don't know what is wrong or what to do! I'm going to try again to get video, the first time I tried she didn't move, second she didn't fall down once!

Back
Top Bottom