Lame silkie

I'm so very very sorry! I understand how you feel. I went through a viral illness with my birds myself and couldn't treat with antibotic because viruses are resistant. I lost four birds to that virus and its not easy. Just make her as comfortable as you can and let her know you are there with her. I wish I knew of something that would help. Again I'm so very sorry. If you need a friend to talk to I'm here for you.

Thanks, unfortunately she has stopped eating and drinking, and I don't think she can poop, I lifted her up and a lot came running out, and it was mostly liquid. My grandma told me to hit her on the head with a shovel, but I don't think I have it in me

Really very sorry she's taken a turn for the worse it's so heartbreaking.

If you feel that she is suffering then don't let her, maybe there's someone you trust to do it for you ? I know it's awful to discuss. My heart goes out to you both xx

She died last night, she didn't make a sound so I hope she went peacefully.
It almost seems the rarer the colour the likelier they are to die, or turn out to be roosters which I can't keep. All I have left are a white and a partridge, I've lost my black, silver, champagne (roo) red (roo) and splash (hawk), my white silkie won't let a roo near her, and the partridge adopted a baby turkey and hasn't laid an egg since. I think I'll stop breeding them for a while

Really so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure she passed peacefully, and that she knew you tried your best for her.
Maybe you should find out the root cause for your losses and then at least you know and can decide to move forward.
I have bred white silkies amongst others this spring and they are 15 weeks now, They are super friendly and fluffy and I am besotted. Don't give up hope, I am routing for you xx

Last edited:
I'm so very very sorry for your loss. She knew she was loved.. I'm glad she went peacefully. I know its tough loosing a beloved pet. I've lost 4. Three had a virus and one to her second round of wry neck. They are forever in our hearts.but don't give up. Look to the future. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I am sorry for your loss, i raise silkies too and I have been thru alot with them. i agree that you should get a necropsy done, to find out what is really happening. And also,as realisis stated, the forum "Not an emergency, Mareks in the flock" is a wonderful, informative thread. Don't give up, and if you have questions don't hesitate to send me a pm.

Back
Top Bottom