landlord rant---pullet mentioned

Well, i guess this would be the important question then..
When you told the landlords son about the chicken coming... what did he say??
If he said yes, then... you may have a leg to stand on.
I just hate to see you have to send the bird back... the poor thing!
sad.png

Quote:
Cetawin, you're so awesome. You always champion the animals.
hugs.gif

And from a legal standpoint, you are 100% correct.

Quote:
NOT everywhere. Some jurisdictions classify them as a stand alone animal "poultry" "bird" or "chickens" Do not assume because it is a chicken it is livestock.

That is true. Georgia state law separates poultry from livestock in their definitions.

Quote:
So true...and if not in writing.....even if he say yes..........your word or his.......Telling even if you told the manger.......telling is not getting permission.

its asking......then getting a written permission...vebal agreement will not change a written agree you sign when you rented the place.

I hate these types of things.

I had dogs once but had to move, and get this. The landlord had the house set on fire! So then moving to the new place the neighbor complained and I had to get rid of the dogs. I vowed never to have dogs again until I had my own house.

Quote:
Cetawin, you're so awesome. You always champion the animals.
hugs.gif

And from a legal standpoint, you are 100% correct.

Sometimes I like animals more than people especially bad landlords.
gig.gif
But I do hate situations like this poor little thing.

from the OP, it sounds like the owner of the property lives in CA. The manager is a woman. Her son was told that the chicken was coming. When the Manager (mom) found out the chicken was there, she said it couldn't stay.
NOT the same as telling the manager.

Even when they are separated by definition, poultry are still considered farm animals, not pets. Sorry, was picking my daughter up from work so posted from my phone.
I haven't read any other posts to know how crappy the landlord is. But, when it comes to pets and what the TENET does, whatever the landlord says pretty much goes. If they say you can only own a dog if you dye it pink, then that is the rule. If they say you can have a fish, but not a turtle and spell that out beforehand, then that is the rule.

If you have an oral agreement that you can have a pet (or a chicken) in the house, then in many states you don't have anything. Unless you can prove that you had the pet for a length of time and that no steps were made to remove the animal.

Back
Top Bottom