landlord rant---pullet mentioned

Are you seriously surprised that you can't keep a chicken in an apartment?

Informing the manager's son (how old is he?) is not the same as getting permission to have a chicken. The permission should have been obtained prior to getting the chicken and the permission should have been in writing. Plus probably paying a pet deposit large enough to replace every inch of carpet in the apartment, I suspect.

If the building is not being maintained to your satisfaction, give your proper written notice that you are moving and move to a better building with a better manager and better maintenance. There is no reason to live in substandard housing. You aren't chained to the radiator. Move.

Also, with the current very low interest rates and low prices for houses, you can probably buy a little house for less than you are paying in rent. Then, if you are careful to investigate the laws about chickens before you buy, you can keep your chickens because it is your own place.

Just tell the landlord that you'll get rid of her once you get the needed repairs done to your apartment, which will probably mean you'll get to keep her
tongue.png

Quote:
Or can land her out on the street! Like someone else said, what the landlord says goes regardless.. yeah if the house is not up to par an the landlord doesnt make the repairs, that voids the contract and she could give a written statement saying she's moving an legally the landlord cant do anything even if taken to court but then the landlord could turn around an bring up that she had a chicken IN the house and say nothing was ever meantioned to her an that will make the judge wonder if OP is telling the truth or not.

It's easy to tell someone to move, but harder to do it. I don't know about the OP's financial situation, but a lot of people can't qualify for a home loan, especially with the tightening of the rules to get one even if they have a decent income. If you rent, you often need a deposit and first month's rent up front when you move into most places (finding a new place with any type of pet makes it harder). And, rents re going sky high and vacancies are low in many areas. Plus, many places require an income of three times the rent.

I would suggest finding someone else in the area to care for the pullet. Perhaps you can contribute the feed and vet care. Is there a local poultry rescue in your area that can help?

Davy, the manager's son told me he didnt think his Mum whio is a very kind person would have a problem with it. Cookie was to live in a little nook in one corner of the room. She got a home on Saturday with a nice lady who has more eccentric taste in house pets than I do (lol) I am so sad that Cookie had to leave

Arlo was a registered service animal, to help me with PTSD. He died in June. I already have 2 fat bunnies & a not-very-inspiring but thoroughly adored tortoise.

I think it was for the best because my husband is being really weird & Cookie was afraid of him from the start because of his yelling.

I've been bawling since Cookie went away she was so precious & her cooing gave me such joy.

Back
Top Bottom