Mom2g3

Chirping
Apr 11, 2016
Eastover, NC
BED3D5E4-1CA5-4FF8-B41C-BCB4B11599C7.jpeg
5E1D38E0-14CA-48F6-8989-853A907AB500.jpeg
64576079-F475-4852-9D03-84C158A390FB.jpeg
1859DD3C-37FB-485D-8130-47D30621FC89.jpeg
I’m so excited! Three times now my Ameraucana, Sansa has surprised me and jumped right into my lap while I was sitting in the chicken run. I’ve been hand raising my new flock and they are all pretty tame so far. They are 11 weeks old this week and doing well.
I have been sitting in a plastic chair in the coop and put meal worms in a semi-circle around my feet. Sansa jumps up and just stands there.
But...today she jumped up on my lap and let me pet her without any hesitation and then sat like she was roosting and let me pet her all over. SOOOO COOL!!!!
I wonder if the others will warm up like she has. FUN!!! ❤️

I wonder if the others will warm up like she has. FUN!!! ❤️
Those really special ones are few and far between. But it does help others to see the big giant food dispenser is friend and not foe. :)

I have an Easter Egger (what yours actually appears to be), who is the coolest bird ever. She is so calm, it's quite surprising the way she lets us handle her. Which is so awesome, because it really allows for some good learning on my part with regards of what to expect and what I'm looking for. She is quite insistent when she wants to be and has ridden my shoulder up and down a ladder as I work on the run and such. We don't even have to kennel her if more than one of us is going to take her to the vet. She rides along happily. One member told me they had a hen that would ride in their bicycle handle bar basket! :love

I don't see any indicators in her face saying otherwise... but I would like to get a peak at saddle feathers to confirm female, if they are coming in already. :oops:

My daughter with Nugget (rest in pieces good roo :() and Penelope as we call her... She knows her name, turns to look and comes running. :cool: Not exactly the lap, but took me 20 minutes to find a pic of her.

1522808130517.jpg

So far, only one of mine will do that, a Black Marans. Some of the others will jump up on the arm of my lawn chair, but don't like me touching them. One grabbed my earring the other day. (!!)
One of my former special ones was an Easter Egger, too. Gotta love those girls.

56D7BB64-9D82-47A9-AC78-166895FB7757.jpeg
32ADDC95-3144-4CA4-AE09-4838D5937DEE.jpeg
Your birds are gorgeous! One of my other ones, the Welsummer jumped on my back when I was raking the run...lol...but I think I was just in her way.
The Easter Egger of my last flock (all killed by a neighbor dog) was also the top bird in the pecking order and let me handle her a lot. She was assertive but calm and sweet at the same time. I thought she was a boy until she laid eggs because her saddle feathers were so “saddle-y” lol!
Hopefully Sansa is a she!!! Here’s more pictures of “her.”

Back
Top Bottom