Large Beautiful Rooster, What is he?

I’ve been searching everywhere to try to figure out what kind of roster my Afro is!

Did you breed him? Or purchase him from a feed store/hatchery? My guess would be a Black Sex-link. I don't think his atypical feathering on the head indicates Legbar parentage as he molted it out.

Do you speak of the cresty looking business?

We named him Afro because when he was just a chick his head grew feathers as if he had an Afro, he out grew it, but still. He’s the largest of my rosters.

Yes. Unless that cresty business is what remains of the "fro". In which case a Cream Crested Legbar male over something like a Rhode Island would still give you a Black Sex-linked Easter Egger of sorts.

Not a Legbar mix at all IMO. But in the very least not an F1 cross or he would be barred.
Same with Faverolles. Not a F1 cross. Missing dominate traits.
Thinking this one is probably a mix of some mixes. Old school barnyard mix. IDK

Not a Legbar mix at all IMO. But in the very least not an F1 cross or he would be barred.
There are two birds here. Which one are you talking about?

I'm so confused. 😅

They’re talking about this cockerel:

I’ve been searching everywhere to try to figure out what kind of roster my Afro is! He looks JUST like this, just a little darker! We named him Afro because when he was just a chick his head grew feathers as if he had an Afro, he out grew it, but still. He’s the largest of my rosters.

There are two birds here. Which one are you talking about?

I'm so confused. 😅
I'm still on the first one. The OPs bird. What the hell is this bird #2?
Someone digs up a dead thread to add a second bird that looks nothing like the original. And now theres confusion? Who would of thunk it, huh?

I'm still on the first one. The OPs bird. What the hell is this bird #2?
Someone digs up a dead thread to add a second bird that looks nothing like the original. And now theres confusion? Who would of thunk it, huh?
I thought you were speaking of bird 1. Keep reading. You'll find it. 😚

Not sure.

But I feel like now is a perfect time to add to the confusion and add another bird.
hredirect2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom