Large Beautiful Rooster, What is he?

Pics

tarceth

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 8, 2012
Shelby, NC
This is my rooster. He was a gift from a friend a year or so ago because he was getting picked on. Since I just started here at BYC, I decided this would be a good question to ask. I'm somewhat novice when it comes to recognizing different types of breeds, colors, combs, etc. Anyone know off the top what he is? Also, I still haven't named him if anyone wants to toss out ideas.

Last edited:
He looks like a faverolle to me but I really have no clue. Is it a bantam?

I like the name Fabio for him. Very handsome bird.

I suspect that he's a mutt. The closest bird he resembles is a Gold Duckwing Old English Game bird. But his legs are the wrong color.

Pretty guy though :)

He's a fairly large bird, here are shots of him standing next to my RIR (nearly 1 year old) and another shot of him near (a yard or two from) my basset hound (full grown), I think he stands as tall as the dog, about up to my knees, I'd guess.

Yeah, Mutts are just fine for decorating my back yard :).

He looks a lot like my friends Faverolle, but the legs/feet are different. So my guess is he's the most GORGEOUS mutt I've seen!!!
love.gif
I only have hens/pullets, but after staring at his picture I'm seriously debating adding a roo to my flock!

He does seem to have the feather markings/color of a Salmon Faverolle (which is very beautiful!) but I have to agree the legs color is different and Faverolles have feathered legs. He's beautiful :)

He looks a lot like a Salmon Faverolle except for a few things. He is probably a salmon faverolle mixed with something else.

Back
Top Bottom