Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Thanks! :)   My Cochins are just 22 weeks old, and I haven't gotten any eggs yet (I've heard that they take longer to mature --- has that been your experience?). If I get some eggs, I'm going to try to hatch some and enlarge my flock a bit first. But I would certainly consider offering eggs in the future.

Yes they do take longer to mature. My rooster and hen above are 5 1/2 months old and the rooster has not attempted to breed her, crow, and he just started making rooster noises such as clucking for food yesterday.
My hen is a bit more mature then him but not much

Thanks! :)   My Cochins are just 22 weeks old, and I haven't gotten any eggs yet (I've heard that they take longer to mature --- has that been your experience?). If I get some eggs, I'm going to try to hatch some and enlarge my flock a bit first. But I would certainly consider offering eggs in the future.

Also where did you get yours from?

BCFR-1
5 1/2 months old. He has matured a lot since I got him. I am really excited to see how he does at the show on the 28.

I am expecting really good things from BCH-1 on the 28. Her tail still hasn't come back to normal fluff after her bath yesterday.

I especially can not wait to become certified and be able to sell chicks, and eggs out of these two!

Lovely colors! I really like the "frizzling" too --- didn't know until I joined this thread that Cochins came in frizzled versions too! Something to look forward to!

New mama with her rainbow chicks. Can't wait to see final colors. I need better pics but darn they move a lot.
yesss.gif

Did the records today for 4H. Like usual the person for Poultry also did swine, rabbit, sheep, and goats. And like usual they knew nothing

Back
Top Bottom