Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Pics
Yep, it is too late now. The Cochin bug is incurable. Congratulations.
:) I couldn't be happier. We have had all bantams up until now (except for my one JG and one BR that like with my silkies). This is my first LF breed. I woke up this morning to cochin everywhere!! I have 13 out of the shells and at least 4 more pipped. All blue except 1 splash and one black.

Love their little round bodies....

Yes, I now have them about 6 years and they are ready for recognation here in Europe in 2013. It was a lot of work. They were already entered in 2012 at shows with very good results. The biggest problem was that there was always grey in the feathers of their tales. But after selecting and selecting and breeding back to buff it all turned out good.

It is a very nice color that you can always cross with buff (that is avaiable in very good quality). The males that come out of the cross with buff barred male and buff female are buff barred and the females are just buff. The females can used back against buff barred male. Here some young ones out of a cross with buff. I had 8 young ones out of this cross: 4 buff barred males and 4 buff females. With one buff barred male and some buff females you can set off a whole new line:

Here are some pictures of my males from the last years.

Females are very difficult to breed. The barring often doesn't come good through.

Yes, I now have them about 6 years and they are ready for recognation here in Europe in 2013. It was a lot of work. They were already entered in 2012 at shows with very good results. The biggest problem was that there was always grey in the feathers of their tales. But after selecting and selecting and breeding back to buff it all turned out good.

It is a very nice color that you can always cross with buff (that is avaiable in very good quality). The males that come out of the cross with buff barred male and buff female are buff barred and the females are just buff. The females can used back against buff barred male. Here some young ones out of a cross with buff. I had 8 young ones out of this cross: 4 buff barred males and 4 buff females. With one buff barred male and some buff females you can set off a whole new line:

Females are very difficult to breed. The barring often doesn't come good through.

Do you see a decline in feather quality in the Barred birds? We have bantams in this color, but I have yet to see Large Fowl.

WOW! Thank you for showing these pics. They are amazing!

Back
Top Bottom