Large Fowl Cochin Thread

My black LF Cochin Lily I hope next year to show her in the fair
smile.png
she is one of my young pullets that haven't started to lay just yet

Hello all! I will be looking for cochin eggs in early spring and wondering who sells cochin eggs? Just trying to get a hesd start on my planning. Time sneaks up on me..haha.

I'm in WV. Just got back from the poultry show in Columbus and saw some beauties! Just love this breed! I have a few bantams but now looking for the LF. Thanks!

The only Black LF pullet/hen saved from the 2013 breed pens. She will be paired with a Black uncle. She is solid black with no white anywhere...the camera flash lies.

She is Beautiful
smile.png
I understand about the flash my girl either comes off looking a little blue or like she has white on her but she doesn't

My Blue cockerel from Nanakat -

I swear his saddle feathers showed up overnight and he was 7 mo. old befor I heard him crow.
Thats how Blueberry was! The people we had re-homed him to, who raise chickens, thought he was a hen. I got him back, because I missed him. :) Groucho is really pretty! The boys must be slow developers lol. Does he mount hens? Blueberry doesn't.

Thats how Blueberry was! The people we had re-homed him to, who raise chickens, thought he was a hen. I got him back, because I missed him. :) Groucho is really pretty! The boys must be slow developers lol. Does he mount hens? Blueberry doesn't.
I have only seen him try a couple of times.

I know it is good for large birds to gain slowly so I try to be patient. I really don't plan to breed him. He is just a companion for my LF Buff hen and for me to gain experience with LFs.

Last edited:
I think you should breed Groucho, he is gorgeous.
I would like to breed Blueberry and Lavender. I have some interest in my area for large fowl blue cochins. He is just very girly. He will stand like a flamingo in the dirt, so as not to get his feet wet and dirty. He is ridiculous. I love him though. He doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body.

Last edited:
Hello all! I will be looking for cochin eggs in early spring and wondering who sells cochin eggs? Just trying to get a hesd start on my planning. Time sneaks up on me..haha.

I'm in WV. Just got back from the poultry show in Columbus and saw some beauties! Just love this breed! I have a few bantams but now looking for the LF. Thanks!
Hi, I got shipped fertile cochin eggs from https://www.facebook.com/MemesPoultryAndQuailSales?fref=ts and would do so again, the birds are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom