Large mass under quail wing! *graphic photos*

On the last thread, the lady need up poking a sterile needle into the mass, and draining the fluid from the sack. I don't know if this is a good idea, I have no way of giving you advice how but is might be an option in the long run. I hope we find a solution! :fl

On the last thread, the lady need up poking a sterile needle into the mass, and draining the fluid from the sack. I don't know if this is a good idea, I have no way of giving you advice how but is might be an option in the long run. I hope we find a solution! :fl

The only needle i own is sewing needles im not sure if it would work as well as a needle that has suction to it?
If i was to do that how would i numb the area? Ice cube?

The only needle i own is sewing needles im not sure if it would work as well as a needle that has suction to it?
If i was to do that how would i numb the area? Ice cube?
I think that would work, you can use a normal sewing needle. I am not certain if this is the right thing though, so unless you think it is a good idea, since you can see the bird, then don't go straight to it. Sorry I am not much help yet!

I have no experience with quail, so might not be the best one to get advice from, but it looks like it could be a feather cyst or some sort of tumor like Xanthoma. Hematomas are darker in color. Over the internet, it's going to be hard for folks to give you a reliable diagnosis, but if you were to see a vet, they may be able to do fine needle aspiration on the area, and via staining, do the cytologic examination. I would advise against any sort of surgical removal of the mass at home. That would be something best performed at a vet office. If not, it may be best to euthanize.

https://www.metzerfarms.com/Veterinarians.cfm?CustID=27528591

I have no experience with quail, so might not be the best one to get advice from, but it looks like it could be a feather cyst or some sort of tumor like Xanthoma. Hematomas are darker in color. Over the internet, it's going to be hard for folks to give you a reliable diagnosis, but if you were to see a vet, they may be able to do fine needle aspiration on the area, and via staining, do the cytologic examination. I would advise against any sort of surgical removal of the mass at home. That would be something best performed at a vet office.

https://www.metzerfarms.com/Veterinarians.cfm?CustID=27528591
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom