Large, Open-Air Coop in Central NC

Pics
The metal roof is in the pickup -- all 440lbs of it. We're not unloading it in the rain (Thank God for rain after a month without it), but I'll get a photo of the color when I can.

Darker and greener than I'd have liked ideally, but it should look good up there and will certainly keep the rain off the chickens.

A funny note,

We spend so much time on this forum suggesting that people knock their soffit blocks out and replace them with wire. But this design has so much air that we're going to install soffit blocks so we don't have to make so many cuts.

😁
Huh?

DH told me he was going to put blocks between the joists at the walls so that he could have a straight edge to apply the wire to and not have to cut wire around each board.

It struck me as funny because every time someone gets a shed to convert or a prefab to modify we're all telling them to open the soffits and install wire.

These soffit blocks will be the only solid part of the walls on half the coop. :D

DH told me he was going to put blocks between the joists at the walls so that he could have a straight edge to apply the wire to and not have to cut wire around each board.
I put the soffit wire on like this...pre-bent it, but no need to go around all the rafters....
....or block off any of the openings.
More pics on my coop page.
1622666813246.png

It wasn't actually raining after dinner so we unloaded the roofing.

I would have liked a bright sky blue or a pale, cornflower blue but what was available was blue-teal so that's what we got.

0603211913_HDR.jpg
1622763994921.jpeg

The other color choices were white, black, dark blue, green, green, red, and half a dozen shades of beige and tan.

It's going to look good for the next 40 years. :D

It wasn't actually raining after dinner so we unloaded the roofing.

I would have liked a bright sky blue or a pale, cornflower blue but what was available was blue-teal so that's what we got.

View attachment 2702609View attachment 2702611

The other color choices were white, black, dark blue, green, green, red, and half a dozen shades of beige and tan.

It's going to look good for the next 40 years. :D
It will be beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom