Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
Moved the 4 broodies last night, so they ate all contained. Now to just hope all 4 remain broody.

I lost my blue amd orange spitzhauben mix last night. I'm not sure what happened, she was fine yesterday morning. I'm worried that maybe a male or two were too rough with her? Unfortunately when I found her, she was already stiff, so it had happened likely when I was at work.

Last edited:
I might move the phoenixes and cochins as they hatch their eggs to the other prefab (I suppose I could just move the whole group and then I could move my ketwas back to a protected prefab too...). The prefab they're in has a very small ramp in the middle of the pen and the one if move them too has a wider ramp against the wall and door, so maybe the chicks would have an easier time following mom up and down.

Last edited:
Moved the 4 broodies last night, so they ate all contained. Now to just hope all 4 remain broody.

I lost my blue amd orange spitzhauben mix last night. I'm not sure what happened, she was fine yesterday morning. I'm worried that maybe a male or two were too rough with her? Unfortunately when I found her, she was already stiff, so it had happened likely when I was at work.
All 4 were on nests. Not their right nests, but on nests none the less. They keep swapping unfortunately except for Bunny. Mare, the Spitzhauben (I think it's Trinket, since I'm pretty sure Effie is the one still running around), and the brahma bantam all play around like musical chairs.

I'll candle again tonight and try to at least put all the oldest eggs together since they're just absolutely scattered, which is half my fault, I'll fully admit that.

20230513_084419.jpg

I was stupid, I didn't think to remember which Swedish was my boy last night when I cut his band off. I figured he's starting to get his manly voice so it didn't matter, bur now I don't know if he's the muddled bibbed one or one of the much nicer bibbed ones.

Back
Top Bottom