Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
I moved Bunny too, I have to rescrape the door to the coop she was in and I can't close it tonight.

I think something snagged an extra male in the Bachelor pen. I noticed he was missing today and found what was left of him in the coop. He was one of 2 birds left in that pen since the other ones either got pulled or slipped out and I couldn't get them back in and the amount of damage done to the body was far too much to have been from the other male (who wouldn't have killed him anyways) and any mice that happened to be around in that pen. So I took the last male out and put him loose in the barn for tonight just in case. At least there he can try to get away if it was a predator that was coming around, and isn't stuck. I'm hoping that it isn't around tonight though.

Troublesome egg chick ended up passing. Might have been from my trying to help it, might have been something internally all along.

The egg I really wanted to hatch did this evening. Pipped about 5 hours ago at the earliest, and was already dry and screaming about a half hour ago. The last egg should pip tonight hopefully.

20230602_145152.jpg

Guess who had all their lamps decide not to work. Still trying to figure out the issue since I can't imagine all 3 (including 2 that weren't even plugged in) just happened to burn out within a couple hours

I also still have to give the cochin the newest hatch. It's been raining literally all day, way more than it was supposed to, and I didn't want him to go from almost 100F in the incubator to less than 60F if mama gets up to move around a bit. So tonight, he'll go when I shut everyone up amd she's not likely to move much​

Got the lamps working again, it was an error on my end. Have one with the ducklings and one in the general area of the barn because of the cold.

One Leg's chicks are weaning themselves off of her, but she still seems motherly so I put her with the ducklings in hopes that they'd be accepted and go to her if the light went out again while I'm sleeping. I hope I made the right choice and that she doesn't snap.

Cochin Mama is soaked (everyone is though) and grouchy towards Effie for some reason. I had to move Effie into the middle box because her, Mare and Bunny were in one and didn't have room for any chicks, and Cochin Mama kept pecking at any part of her tail that was visible over the wall. I ended up turning Effie around so her tail was towards the araucanas instead so Cochin mama would stop. Last two chicks were put out too, one ended up under Effie and one either under C.M. or under the araucanas. Chicks kinda just got shoved under whoever had room tonight.

Back
Top Bottom