Last 3 weeks...

Mareloo

Songster
12 Years
Oct 28, 2007
South Africa
I thought I shall put down in writing the last 3 weeks of my live, for all thouse that wondered (and thouse that didnt) were I disapeard to.

I must live in the only country in the world, were the national electrical supplyer (also happens to be the ONLY one) beggs you on a dayly basis NOT to use there product!!!

We simply just havent got enough electricity to go around. Add maintanince on them and a blown power station and you got all the ingrediants for long, streatch out power black outs..

Everybody that can, owns a generator around here.. Not realy a hassle and you never in the dark.. Until you add 4 incubators and 4 nurserys in to the mix.. Who knew it wount be able to pull ALL the lights? Who knew you cappable of actully blow the thing if you do? Fury, fire, brimstone (my mood) and a day later, all directed at the local generator supplyer for not fixing the thing and or carrying a bigger one.. I effentully got a new one.. One with enough horse power to lit up the whole street. I promptly plug my laptop into it..
hit.gif
and fried it..
ep.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif

Any body that knows me.. knows that me and my laptop are inseprable.. It is like a limb. Something I cant live without.. like ogcegen... It sleeps with me every night in my bed.. LOL! get the picture?

Of I went to the biggest name in computers here.. Laptop under my arm.. I also happend to bought the laptop there less than a year ago.. BUT I was quite honest with the techie.. Told him excactly what I did.. And told him.. Look.. lets not play or fool around with each other here.. I cant live without a laptop.. I need it fixed.. like in yesterday.. or replaced or upgraded.. I dont care wich.. I will pay what needs to be payed.. All I care about greatly, is the timeframe. I need it done, very quikly. I asked him.. Can you do it or do I need to go look for somebody else? No problem! He assured me.. Time and time again.. maxumum.. 5 days.. My laptop will be fixed. I mouned, complained.. 5 days!, but ok.. they got (had!) a excelent reputation.. I will wait.. I believed him.. And so my trouble started..

5 days later I was back.. Right I told him.. I done my waiting bit.. Were is my laptop? Just one more day.. He asked.. :thun and the next day :thun and the next week :thun ext ext ext :thun I wount bore you all with all the numerouse days after that.. I will tell you about the final outcome.. Yesterday! Only! I went into the shop and told the teckie if he doesnt return my laptop, immediatly, I am not interested in any excusses, I will go down to the police station and open a theft charge against him personaly.. The shop manager offerd me (this) Packard Bell with a great enough discount for me to leave the shop happely..

Just before the electricity and laptop problems.. I desided it is time for my small factory to get a new roof.. And no.. it isnt nessery to hire a expert for the job.. Me and the guys will do it our selfs.. Yea right!!! Lets just say that light in the tunnel was a oncoming train!

The roof is still not up (at least the generator can pull the welding machine) and it has been raining Every Single day since!

Except from that, all is going well! The babys, teens and grown ups are florishing. I think I sorted all there nutrisional needs.

I am very very happy to have acces to this site again! Live is looking up!
ya.gif

(Or my spelling improved fantasticly.. or my spell checker is gone... LOL! The spell checker MUST be gone!)

Mareloo.. of to go look for a spell checker!

Good to hear you are pulling though! I can't imagine not being without electricity! Shoot, if it went out now, I'd be sitting in below freezing temperatures!

Good luck! If you can get mozilla firefox, it has a built in spell checker.

Good to hear from you! We are so spoiled here in the US, folks here panic if the lights blink in a thunderstorm, let alone a power outage! Good to see you back on line though. Keep us posted . Might want to get yourself a surge protector to save some trouble in the future. Not sure about your gen. set, but have it checked for cycles and voltage, to eliminate lap top cookoffs
big_smile.png

Randy

Thank you All!

I can over come anything IF I got a laptop! I can understand that that sound silly to some, but here, the term takes on a whole new term!

Silkiechicken, Yep.. FireFox has a spell checker! Thank you.. It works.. as you can see! LOL! I cant imagine below freezing temperatures.. I can imagine it must create extra troubles.. but just sometimes, in the sweltering heat, I wish for that kind of cold.

TxChiknRanchers, LOL, that is the very first thing I did. The generator got a built in one and from now on I will run the current first through a surge protector before it comes near anything electronic I own. Cook offs
lol.png
never gonna happen here.. again!

Justusnak.. Thank you.. It sure feels very good! Things already look much better.. In fact.. the longer I got this laptop under my hands.. the brighter my future looks!

Cyn..
lol.png
and Thank you!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Freezing temps can be fun!

car%20and%20igloo%20Small%20800.jpg

We are lucky out here because if it snows, it usually goes away fast, like within a few days. Now, cold, that's what the members away from the coast and south get. I cannot imagine blizzards and negative -20F weather!!!

Silkiechicken.. OMG, Your pic is Great! WOW! This pic explain perfectly why people on this site would worry so much about heat! LOL!

Thank you. You have been kind.

Poison Ivy.. My absolute low point was I when I woke up real early one morning and realized I went to bed at 6 the evening before. Must say it did wonders for catching up on lost sleep!

Back
Top Bottom