Last call on free roost in south central PA....

Portia

Songster
11 Years
Feb 29, 2008
South Central PA
I have 4 roos that need re-homing or its off to freezer camp; poor fellas.
sad.png

Dorkus is a 23 week old SLW over a BR, a sweet boy with a wonderful deep voice and beautiful comb. He's second roo but he'd really like a flock of his own.
IMGP7476.jpg

The twins, 15 week old Salmon Favorelle over Speckled Sussex. They haven't started crowing, but they are developing a nice deep cluck. One has a muff, the other doesn't. Gorgeous feathering.
IMGP7466.jpg

IMGP7485.jpg

IMGP7481.jpg

And another 15 week old boy, Salmon Favorelle over BR. He's shy, gentle and developing some wonderful hackles.
IMGP7463.jpg

Last edited:
That Barred/Wyandotte would make a great foundation roo for anyone working on Wyandotte coloration projects. If only my neighbor would move I would snatch him up....what part of South Central, PA are you from?
Thanks!
big_smile.png

He is a gorgeous boy with a nice deep voice, and he's tall; his nickname is dino-boy. We were holding him tonight and his comb has the most beautiful shape. I wish someone would take him for a project, he's almost too cool to send to the freezer.
I'm just a little north of Lancaster.

Ooh, freezer camp sounds harsh.
hmm.png
No lanyard making and campfire stories, I'm guessing?

I'm wishing ya luck with them! Bump for you and their troubles! It's a shame you can't find them homes if they aren't mean. My mean boys aren't going anywhere, it just doesn't seem right. We have too much going on for any more boys, or I'd try my best to help out.

Did you try posting on Craig's list. Lancaster has a pretty active farm and garden section.

scbatz, they are posted on both the Lancaster and Harrisburg craigslists and I will post them throughout the weekend as a last ditch effort.

Back
Top Bottom