Last check, promise!

cogorman

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
MidMissouri
fl.gif
The two chickies I have questions about were last seen by BYC folks at 4 weeks old. Now they are 8 weeks today and after I get opinions from you nice people I'll just wait it out, which is so hard. I wish my city would allow roosters because at this point I'm pretty attached! SOO rooster or hen?
The first three picture are of Omlette (please not Oliver)and she's on the left in the 3rd picture. RIR I think and pretty sure a hen but...

53045_omlette_side.jpg

53045_dscn0641.jpg

53045_omlette_head.jpg

Next up is Lucy (please not Larry) Not sure what she is besides absolutely beautiful.

53045_lucy.jpg

53045_lucy_body.jpg

Thanks for your opinions!!!

I am gonna guess that the 1st pics is a hen, not sure about #2...roo? idk I would have to compare to the other chicks the same age. My mixed breed flock was easy to tell even though they are all different colors. the roos were obviously more red in the combs, despite the size of the comb..
edit....my chicks are 10 1/2 wks old and very obvious which are hens/roos....You will know soon enough!

Last edited:
Both look like girls to me. My RIR had a bigger comb and wattles at 5 weeks and turned out to be a roo. I don't see wattles on Omelette or Lucy. Not the expert, have chickens for just over a year but I'd say pullets

Edited .... forgot half sentence....
hide.gif

Last edited:
Here's a better shot of Lucy's full body. Thanks again for all of your help. From first putting eggs in the incubator to building the coop to hand holding while I sweat the hen/roo dilemma, you people have been great. And my son now spends more time watching the flock than playing video games. Maybe he won't turn into a vidiot after all!
53045_dscn0659.jpg

Back
Top Bottom