Last Shuutle launch

geepy

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
central FL
Well, if the weather clears enough this might be the last shuttle.
hit.gif
Think I'm going to miss it, I know my dog will. He always barks at it when he sees it lifting off. (I live about 10 mile from KSC)
Not to mention all the jobs lost.

It's sad.... I have new designs for a space shuttle in mind though
lol.png
I don't trust rockets... I would rather (ok so i am thinking aboout flying airplanes) have a glider then a blistic out-of-control hunk of metal flying do to the ocean... No one has been able to match NASA! The space station would not be up there (cerciling the earth every 90min) if it were not for NASA and Canada (can't for get our Arms
smile.png
). NASA is going to make an annoucement i would think within the next 6 months about the pre-descior (sp?) of the shuttle.

Quote:
I heard they are going to focus on missions to mars and other places,but they are years away from that.

From what i have read they are going back to a rocket design.
hmm.png

<Europen Space Agnecy can't get there Transfer uint done fast ennough>

Once more Brevard county is going to take a massive hit to local employment. I lost a lot of friends as a boy when they killed the Apollo program and their parents had to move away to where ever they could find work.

It's been over forty years since we first set foot on the Moon. Now we won't have the capacity to get one of our own astronauts into even low-Earth orbit.

A week after the launch it'll be the Russian space station and we'll be having to pay them to get us there.

Long-term development projects and political leadership that changes its mind every four to eight years is a certain recipe for wasting billions of dollars. An entire generation of manned space exploration has been lost.

Back
Top Bottom