Last try...HOPEFULLY

Jeffross1968

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Smoky Mountains
I was content to just let these two play out a while longer, to see if they revealed themselves over time. However, since introducing 5 new birds to the flock, and the removal of a little golden sebright rooster that was causing problems, these two have started a campaign of terror (ok, so that's a little dramatic, LOL), that has unfortunately included ripping a few back feathers out of the new birds. I have sequestered the dark one for a bit. See if that will calm it down, but both these birds are having issues, and with the aggression, I'm starting to think it's much more likely they are roo, though don't let that sway your opinion. I'll start with "light" and then "dark". Opinions on gender please. I believe they are a solid 5 months old...

102_4604.jpg

102_4597.jpg

102_4599.jpg

102_4606.jpg

102_4591.jpg

102_4595.jpg

No doubt in my mind.
I have three BO'S and three RIR that look exactly like them............Roo's forsure
The pullets,BO, is much lighter in feather color and hardly any comb.................
My RIR' s the same......pullets have very little comb and they have very little comb color........
Sorry if this is a bad thing for you...................

Last edited:
Thank you very much! It's been a long 6 or 7 weeks trying to figure out these two. I only have a big enough flock for 1 of them, so now I have to decide which one. The dark one seems more aggressive, so he'll probably go. I just wonder if that will open the door for the other to get more aggressive. Guess you never know until you try...

Back
Top Bottom