(late) 7 month old Photo Op! (pic heavy!)

Would love to see how your chickens react to the snow. Mine look at it in wonder..maybe wondering why the ground is so cold & wet

Wanted to say thanks for giving the links for the other months! This helped me determine how old my BR's actually are!

IMG_1528.jpg

Around 4 months old. Would you agree?
smile.png

Got her early October.

IMG_0465.jpg

So let's say she is just over 2 months old here...

IMG_0480.jpg

Jagger when we got him

IMG_1455.jpg

Jagger yesterday
big_smile.png

He started crowing last week. Not often at all. It's kind of pathetic... Just a loud HOOOOO and that's it. He has been trying to mate for 2 weeks with no success. I have never raised chicks before, so I am not sure what age they start doing all these things.

Would like to hear what you think on the age.

To the OP: Sorry for hijacking
hmm.png
I love your pictures! It's really nice seeing the development from a young age.

I'm at school right now, emerald eyes, but when I get home, I'm gonna bring out the camera.
wink.png
The girls didn't want anything to do with the snow this morning, so I had to clean the coop with 33 spectators and/or roadblocks packed in there with me.
lol.png

aoxa- I'd be inclined to agree on 4 months. My girls all seemed to develop at different rates, but it seems to me like most of them were pretty similar to your little lady at 4 months. I didn't get any barred rock boys, but Jagger sure is handsome! Good luck with them! (By the way, my Easter-egger boy, Moosie, started crowing at 7 weeks, and Thomas was much later, maybe 3 or 4 months old. Don't know if that helps or anything.)

Quote:
What are you doing on here at school?!?!?! Just Kidding
wink.png
I go on here and on facebook all the time during school
smile.png

gig.gif
I wasn't on during class! I had a half hour to burn between lunch and my psych class. (And of course I came to BYC in that time.
big_smile.png
)

No can do on the snow pics, gang. The girls just won't come out. I shovelled a 15x10' patch and they've come out all of a yard to drink from mud puddles, of all things!
sickbyc.gif
I'll see if I can entice them into the snow with some treats for some pictures later.
wink.png
(I need to rest for now. Phew!)

I also agree, very entertaining thread. i enjoyed the pics alot, i really laughed at the barred rock who squated alot of mine do that too!!! just so used to being serviced
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom