Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by MadamPoofyBrow, Feb 5, 2016.

1. This is my first time

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. Two

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Three

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Four or five

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. Five to ten

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Ten to twenty

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Twenty to fifty

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. Fifty or more

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. MadamPoofyBrow

MadamPoofyBrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2015
    Key, welcome! I'm sure you'll love the Genesis!

Turken, these were on eBay last week some time. I almost got them but was nervous about getting eBay eggs. I didn't know MPC had Mille fleurs, I checked a while back!

Machin, I've had Broodies like that! I've got one who lets me do anything, but most of my Silkie's can and will 'protect' their nest from me and the horrible threat that I am[​IMG][​IMG]:lau. I deffinately wouldn't toss anything on day three. I never toss until day ten...good luck!

Butterflies, I've had fertility show itself pretty late, so hopefully some more will show up later!

K5, candleing is so fun! I literally candled my first ever batch (four years and hundreds of chicks ago) to death. Nobody hatched, and my next batch that I only candled three times did great. I candle on day 7, 10 if I have any doubts about fertility, and 18.
    Those sound like some awesome mixes, can't wait to see the chicks! When are they due again?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  2. sharonmc2002

sharonmc2002 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2016
    SETN
    I've learned one lesson on my first ever batch .Candle the egg looking for microscopic cracks before putting into incubator. LOL had one try to turn into popcorn the first night. I'm almost afraid that I've screwed up already. Did candle day one and day three.

3. MadamPoofyBrow

MadamPoofyBrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2015

I've had two eggs explode due to internal cracking, and it was NOT an enjoyable experience! I've candled before setting ever since then...

You should be fine, just candle as little as possible from here on out :-D

4. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    @MadamPoofyBrow Thank you, I'm glad to join!

5. freejpony

freejpony Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Hi everyone. I should be setting my batch tomorrow if my eggs are at the post office today. I'll be setting some Isbars, BCMs, and SBELs. I like to hatch a few of my own in case USPS was too rough and only a few hatch.

6. butterfliesdoku

butterfliesdoku Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2015
    SBEL?

7. freejpony

freejpony Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Central Oregon
    SBELs are a cross between a crested cream legbar and a white leghorn. They call them super blue egg layers.

8. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    [​IMG]
    due 27th ...top 3 BCM, 2 cockoo marans, 2nd row4 Blue Isbars, one buff cochin
    bottom row 5 gray eggers, one BCM/Blue isbar egg.

1 person likes this.
  9. TurkenMomma

TurkenMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    Thanks for posting this!

10. littlesmos

littlesmos Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2015
    Sigel, IL
    Set 46 yesterday. I have a light Brahma rooster over light Brahmas, a white leghorn, an easter egger,white giants, and some maran mixes. Had 7 of 7 eggs hatch a month ago so hoping for a good hatch this time too. Set more than the Turner had room for but I figured a few probably won't be fertile. Also had purchased some maran eggs and had 16 hatch two weeks ago [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by