Late into day 17... no hatching.

AQuailNamedFrancis

Songster
6 Years
Sep 10, 2017
Colorado
Hello BYC,

A little nervous right now. Its 10 hours into day 17 and no hatching or pipping. Humidity is at 70% and the temperature is the normal 37.7c.

Any thoughts? I candled the eggs and out of the 20 eggs 9 looked really healthy.

Thanks.

(ALSO: Last night on day 16 I came home and my mother opened the lid to take pictures for like 5 mins.. did that ruin the eggs???)

Hope all is going well, I did discover when I hatched my first batch that I was hoping for things to happen to the day, forgetting that nature has a way of doing things at her own pace!! I'm sure that by Wednesday you will have some awesome little chicks eating and pooping everywhere. I have just collected 9 eggs from my first batch of babies and I appear to be getting one extra each day they are now 8 weeks old so really happy with their progress. Sending you all the best over the next couple days. if you can set up a webcam... it is so worth it.
Don't forget to post some pics.
all the best

Hello BYC,

A little nervous right now. Its 10 hours into day 17 and no hatching or pipping. Humidity is at 70% and the temperature is the normal 37.7c.

Any thoughts? I candled the eggs and out of the 20 eggs 9 looked really healthy.

Thanks.

(ALSO: Last night on day 16 I came home and my mother opened the lid to take pictures for like 5 mins.. did that ruin the eggs???)
It takes 21 days for an egg to hatch in an incubator. Your mom didn't hurt them. If you have an auto turning incubator you may want to get just a basic one for hatching we put ours in on day 19 on their sides and leave alone for two days so far so good on hatchlings. I suggest candeling every 7 days till day 19 there are lots of candeling pics online. Anyway good luck

It takes 21 days for an egg to hatch in an incubator. Your mom didn't hurt them. If you have an auto turning incubator you may want to get just a basic one for hatching we put ours in on day 19 on their sides and leave alone for two days so far so good on hatchlings. I suggest candeling every 7 days till day 19 there are lots of candeling pics online. Anyway good luck

21 is for chickens. Quail hatch out around day 16, give or take a couple.

Back
Top Bottom