Laughing chickens

Dipsey

Songster
8 Years
Apr 11, 2015
I stumbled across this breed on a search for funny chickens on youtube! I think I found my next breed of chicken i'm going to get. Would love to be woken up by a roo!! here's a youtube link for ya

I stumbled across this breed on a search for funny chickens on youtube! I think I found my next breed of chicken i'm going to get. Would love to be woken up by a roo!! here's a youtube link for ya

I hope you realize that the roosters in the video are not a particular breed. There are a mix of breeds in the video.

Very interesting. I think with Ayam Ketawa, the term "breed" is only being used in the loosest sense as I have not been able to find any kind of physical standards for them other than the long laughing crow. It seems as those these birds are being bred strictly for the sound of their crow rather than for any specific physical characteristics. There was certainly no uniformity in the colors of the birds in the video, and one of them even had white legs as opposed to the darker gray legs of the others. They do have a very interesting crow though. :eek:)

I'm working on making a laughing crow. Not Ketawa but our own laughing roosters in the US. I raise Tomaru, a longcrower breed from Japan. I have a rooster that begins his longcrow with a laugh that sounds like the Ketawa. The Ketawa and the Tomaru have some common ancestry.

I'm working on making a laughing crow. Not Ketawa but our own laughing roosters in the US. I raise Tomaru, a longcrower breed from Japan. I have a rooster that begins his longcrow with a laugh that sounds like the Ketawa. The Ketawa and the Tomaru have some common ancestry.

Are you still working on this project? :D

Back
Top Bottom