Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
I have not been selling lavender this year.I have been trying to raise some for myself.I do have them in large and bantam.I sold last year and then had surgery and did not raise replacements.I hope to be selling lavender next year.I did add a Smith split to the LF.

Think this is a grand idea, nothing to join, nobody ignoring you, everyone friendly etc. If you are willing to do the work, I think all the Lavender folks would appreciate another place to look for help. I find this site wonderful compared to other forums I belong to! I've reduced a few of my forums because of the in-fighting and back stabbing...even if the information I received was good I just didn't want to read the poop!

Could you please tell me what major city Crump TN? I live near the tri cities area of Bristol. Johnson City and Kingsport in the northeastern part of the state. Thanks

Quote:
Ok, try this again...

I know nothing about BBS.

I think you scored with Crystal Creeks Lavs - especially if you could go pick them up. I drove 8 hours round trip to get some Partridge Silkies, if those had been closer I would have gone for it. However - its a LONG way from CA to her...

When/if you have hatching eggs available let me know. I am still drooling over them...

Last edited:
I hear those descriptive "names" around here, too - I'm in Eastern KY now (came from Central KY) and I am constantly giggling at the pronunciations of some of the breeds - or the lack of even knowing anything at all about breeds in general. I get asked on a weekly basis by a fella in town when I go pick up our feed if I've "got any of them there colored-eggers layin' yet - ain't they old enough to lay once they get their feathers?" ;-)

I've definitely learned over the years that in livestock, you get people that will pull the wool on you if you don't know what you're looking for, specifically. Rather than argue the validity of the "Ameraucana" label on the chicks I saved at the store, I argued their care, and managed to save money AND lives. The big coop/pasture is for our layer flock - the side pasture is being divided this coming week into three separate pastures and I've got two more coops in progress in the basement for the breeding/show flocks I have planned. I already have one flock going - just need to get the Lavs going and I'm set with all I can handle for the time being! Thanks for the honest reply - congrats on the acquisition of the Lav chicks recently! :)
I don't know how far east in KY you are, but I'm in Charleston WV and I go to Ashland KY a lot for work. I'd be glad to hatch out some lavenders for you.

Truthfully, I think all this talk of lavs being difficult to find is bizarre. I received eggs from both the people I contacted in 2010. I have sold eggs here on the 24 HR auction thread. "Breeders" whom I have sold eggs to in the last few years are now selling eggs.

That said, I do NOT raise my birds in order to sell stock to other people. If I have extra eggs, culls, I sell them. Hit me up at the right time and you might get some breeder birds I am done with. It is not like placing an order for a cell phone.

I highly recommend Paul Smith as a source for Lavs and Blacks. He sells chicks and sometimes started stock, BUT he sells out fast and you must be prepared to wait. He does his BEST.

As far as forums go, I notice that new people frequently ask questions that have been asked and answered repeatedly. Do some research/reading. No one is obligated, especially at this time of year when we are running circles trying to feed and water and hatch and cull, to answer the same old question in order to save YOU time when the answer is there to be found.

Back
Top Bottom