Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DMRippy, Jun 29, 2012.

1. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    I have not been selling lavender this year.I have been trying to raise some for myself.I do have them in large and bantam.I sold last year and then had surgery and did not raise replacements.I hope to be selling lavender next year.I did add a Smith split to the LF.

2. zoomzoom

zoomzoom Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2012
    Eastern, TN
    Think this is a grand idea, nothing to join, nobody ignoring you, everyone friendly etc. If you are willing to do the work, I think all the Lavender folks would appreciate another place to look for help. I find this site wonderful compared to other forums I belong to! I've reduced a few of my forums because of the in-fighting and back stabbing...even if the information I received was good I just didn't want to read the poop!

1 person likes this.
  3. zoomzoom

zoomzoom Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2012
    Eastern, TN
    Could you please tell me what major city Crump TN? I live near the tri cities area of Bristol. Johnson City and Kingsport in the northeastern part of the state. Thanks

4. ChickNmamma

ChickNmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey - my computer hiccupped!

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  5. ChickNmamma

Ok.. that was just wierd... Um.. possibly not a good post number. I will try again...

6. ChickNmamma

7. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    I don't know how far east in KY you are, but I'm in Charleston WV and I go to Ashland KY a lot for work. I'd be glad to hatch out some lavenders for you.

8. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Truthfully, I think all this talk of lavs being difficult to find is bizarre. I received eggs from both the people I contacted in 2010. I have sold eggs here on the 24 HR auction thread. "Breeders" whom I have sold eggs to in the last few years are now selling eggs.

That said, I do NOT raise my birds in order to sell stock to other people. If I have extra eggs, culls, I sell them. Hit me up at the right time and you might get some breeder birds I am done with. It is not like placing an order for a cell phone.

I highly recommend Paul Smith as a source for Lavs and Blacks. He sells chicks and sometimes started stock, BUT he sells out fast and you must be prepared to wait. He does his BEST.

As far as forums go, I notice that new people frequently ask questions that have been asked and answered repeatedly. Do some research/reading. No one is obligated, especially at this time of year when we are running circles trying to feed and water and hatch and cull, to answer the same old question in order to save YOU time when the answer is there to be found.

9. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Dak,
    Like you progress with the hens/pullets. I like the color of the second one better personally. Good luck this year.

10. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    I always wondered what her birds would look like with a different photographer.Glad you posted them.Very nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by