Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
That person in GA doesn't have a 5 year old pen. She has a 3 year old rooster, and all of the other breeders refused to sell to her, so she had eggs sent to somebody else's address. Her birds are penned up for the sole purpose of selling eggs,. That is why you never see pics of their adults. I would consider anything from those birds to be a major setback. Like ordering form a hatchery.

Last edited:
That person in GA doesn't have a 5 year old pen. She has a 3 year old rooster, and all of the other breeders refused to sell to her, so she had eggs sent to somebody else's address. Her birds are penned up for the sole purpose of selling eggs,. That is why you never see pics of their adults. I would consider anything from those birds to be a major setback. Like ordering form a hatchery.

I won't argue with you as you obviously know better than I. If that's the case, then I'll probably stick to my other breed or two and use these for layers. Or back up and try again for eggs somewhere else. So Be It . All learning is good.

Last edited:
Wanted to update everyone here...so far, there are 5 beautiful blue fertile eggs waiting for more to join them for a Monday ship to my house!

wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

I should be getting my Brinsea 20 ECO 'bator by Monday evening/Tuesday morning at the latest according to UPS; the auto-turner arm will be here sometime either Thursday/Friday morning. I scrapped the "iffy-reviews" FI Pro 4200 circ. air 'bator and dropped the extra money on the Brinsea - FAR better product with greater hatch success rates because I was NOT going to take any chances with this special, unexpected delivery of Lav over Split eggs!

My son is beyond ECSTATIC - I don't know that he's going to sleep tonight, much less those 20-21 nights of incubation! Thankfully, their last day of school is Friday the 17th ;-)

We are learning SO MUCH from all of you. His final paper of the year, titled "How to Get Purple Chickens" received the top marks in his entire grade level. His Language Arts teacher is presenting him with a certificate on Awards Day (17th) for "Best Research Paper" which will be the FIRST certificate of its kind ever awarded to a student at their school, and has started a trend from here on out to encourage other students in the 4th and 5th grades to really dig into research writing like he has. SO many blessings - I'm actually still sorta shell-shocked!

These eggs are from Crystal Creek's stock from what the generous sender said - needless to say, we are ALL over here jumping around like those little emoticons up there ^^^

Here's 5 of our babies so far - I just couldn't hold in the excitement and I had to share - my son is standing here saying, "show them the baby eggs, Mommy!" over and over again, so here they are:

Last edited:
Wanted to update everyone here...so far, there are 5 beautiful blue fertile eggs waiting for more to join them for a Monday ship to my house!

wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

I should be getting my Brinsea 20 ECO 'bator by Monday evening/Tuesday morning at the latest according to UPS; the auto-turner arm will be here sometime either Thursday/Friday morning. I scrapped the "iffy-reviews" FI Pro 4200 circ. air 'bator and dropped the extra money on the Brinsea - FAR better product with greater hatch success rates because I was NOT going to take any chances with this special, unexpected delivery of Lav over Split eggs!

My son is beyond ECSTATIC - I don't know that he's going to sleep tonight, much less those 20-21 nights of incubation! Thankfully, their last day of school is Friday the 17th ;-)

We are learning SO MUCH from all of you. His final paper of the year, titled "How to Get Purple Chickens" received the top marks in his entire grade level. His Language Arts teacher is presenting him with a certificate on Awards Day (17th) for "Best Research Paper" which will be the FIRST certificate of its kind ever awarded to a student at their school, and has started a trend from here on out to encourage other students in the 4th and 5th grades to really dig into research writing like he has. SO many blessings - I'm actually still sorta shell-shocked!

These eggs are from Crystal Creek's stock from what the generous sender said - needless to say, we are ALL over here jumping around like those little emoticons up there ^^^

Here's 5 of our babies so far - I just couldn't hold in the excitement and I had to share - my son is standing here saying, "show them the baby eggs, Mommy!" over and over again, so here they are:

YEAH!

Well I finally got a chance to get some pics together. These are some of the birds I got for crystalcreek. I apologize in advance for the cell phone pics.
You can tell which ones Cindy took and which ones I took. lol

My Lav roo. (Pure Shaffer)

Without his beard picked out. (taken by Cindy)

Prettygirl

My 2 Lav hens Prettygirl & #40 (both Ribbeck X Shaffer/Smith)

Son of the Lav roo.

Showgirl (Shaffer X Smith)

Pure Black hen (Blehm)

wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Those are pretty eggs.
wink.png

18 hatching eggs - Not too much
Shipping - $15
A smile on a childs face - Priceless!

Back
Top Bottom