Lavender Ameraucana Cross with Ermine or Splash

BeeSpice

In the Brooder
May 13, 2023
I have some Lavender Ameraucana pullets and a cockerel. I was thinking of getting myself some Ermine Ameraucana eggs for my birthday. I have been experimenting with chicken genetics 🧬. What would I get if I combine:

Lavender x Ermine
Lavender x White with Ermine
Lavender x Splash BBS

Since Lavender is a dilute of black you would get the following
Lav x Ermine = 50% Black 50% Ermine, all carrying Lav
Lav x Splash = 100% Blue, all carrying Lav
Lav x White = 100% Ermine, all carrying Lav
Lav x Black = 100% Black, all carrying Lav
Lav x Blue = 50% Black, 50% Blue, all carrying Lav.
Lavender can be used to substitute black in BBS pens and Ermine pens since it is a dilution of black. You could make some other varieties by using lavender in these pens.

Lavender can be used to substitute black in BBS pens and Ermine pens since it is a dilution of black. You could make some other varieties by using lavender in these pens.
This was extremely helpful. Thank you so much!

You could also get lavender ermine/lavender paint if you cross the lavender x ermines back to a lavender. And if you cross blue or splash to ermine you could get some blue ermines/blue paints. Keep in mind that these are project colors that don’t really exist in ameraucanas other than in experimental breedings.

This was extremely helpful. Thank you so much!
Your welcome.
You could also get lavender ermine/lavender paint if you cross the lavender x ermines back to a lavender. And if you cross blue or splash to ermine you could get some blue ermines/blue paints. Keep in mind that these are project colors that don’t really exist in ameraucanas other than in experimental breedings.
Huh, interesting. That is what I meant by other varieties, but I wasn't entirely sute on the mating to make the varieties.

To build off of this discussion, what would the results be for Splash x Ermine?

Erminette Ameraucanas are Paint Mottled birds.
They're Dominant White X Black Mottled.
Screenshot_20240128-085042_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom