Lavender Chicken Not Laying

mfbenning

Chirping
Aug 26, 2020
I have a Lavender Chicken that's about 6-8 months old. Her sister (same age) has been laying consistently for a month now and she still has yet to lay her first egg. I have no idea whats going on with her. Any ideas?

You may have to make sure its a hen to expect it to lay eggs. If it is a hen then you could wait patiently for some time. If its been a long time and there still isn't any eggs, maybe its because there isn't enough nutrients for normal egg production. Don't worry, I'm sure she will give eggs if she is a hen. :)

She's definitely a hen. Lavender cochin I believe. Her sister has been laying pretty steadily since Christmas. I'm wondering if she has some neurological deficits that could be impacting her laying ability. She's real sweet, her sister is a bit of a bully however.

She's definitely a hen. Lavender cochin I believe. Her sister has been laying pretty steadily since Christmas. I'm wondering if she has some neurological deficits that could be impacting her laying ability. She's real sweet, her sister is a bit of a bully however.
Nah, don’t worry about it. Cochins are extremely late layers. I have a girl over a year old who still has never laid an egg.

Anytime! I’m sure she’ll plop one out eventually. Unfortunately with Cochins it’s just a waiting game. Luckily you have her floof to accompany you while you wait. ;)
So true. I've had to start trimming their butts because they get hella poopy lol so trimming their floof around their vent seems to help with that lol

Back
Top Bottom