Lavender cuckoo easter egger

should I use bird 1 in the lavender cuckoo project??

that one bird does have darker feet. I'm trying to decide if there any I should go ahead and cull now

thanks for the advice, We have a sale coming up next weekend, so I think I'll take that one and sell it. What about the really light colored birds, should they go too?

I would grow the light ones that show decent barring out a bit more. As long as they have good combs and no yellow skin- you know.
My lav cuckoo roo looked like heck at that stage, but finished out quite nice.

Wish I was closer- I'd take the oddball in a second!

I had a broody hatch some babies today. I was really surprised that I got cuckoos because I had just taken the plain lav roo out a few days before I got these eggs.

They don't quite have their land legs yet!

I'm and very new at all the genetics stuff... I need a chicken book "Chicken Genetics for "Dummies". I have some lav ameraucanas and would love to have a lavender cuckoo, what can I cross it with? Just a bird with a barring gene? I hope I don't sound stupid, but genetics really keep me stumped. I don't have anything that is barred, except some young Lemon Cuckoo orps. Would that combo work?
hu.gif

Here are some chicks from my lav cuckoo project.Out of cuckoo hens and a lav rooster.One of the 2 hens is a lav split.One of the lav has a white head spot.A lav cuckoo cockerel.The hen hatched 13 out of 15 eggs.The head spots on the black ones are faint and hard to see.

Back
Top Bottom