Lavender Orpington Chicks need homes - Seffner, FL

lisabogaars

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2017
I currently have seven Lavender Orpington chicks that I incubated from shipped eggs. They were three weeks old on Saturday, the 16th. I don't have the room to keep them all, and with a heavy heart will be looking for homes for a few of them. They are just adorable and friendly as can be. I live in Seffner, FL. About 20 minutes from Tampa. I would only let them go to homes that would treat them really well. If interested, please let me know. (there are two Silkie chicks in the picture as well).
babyviolets.jpg

Hi. Oh I wish I could, but I have never shipped chicks before and I would be crushed if something happened to them. You should get some though. They are just the sweetest.

I hadn't really thought of a price. My main concern is that they are in a wonderful environment. All of my girls are spoiled and healthy. I would want to see where they are going. Lavender Orpingtons are so sweet. These are already very friendly and will sit on your lap and let you easily snuggle them.

I can assure you that every one of her chickens leads a very spoiled life, even the roosters! They swing on the swing with her and ride around the property on the golf cart. She loves them so much she won't ever leave them just to come and visit us. All of her chickens have gradually died of from old age and predator attacks. Some were upwards of 8 years old. And she never killed any off after they stopped laying eggs. Age lets them live out their retirement in luxury lol. This spring she decided to get more chicks because she missed her babies so much.

Hello Lisa,

I live in Naples, Florida. I recently started keeping chickens again and just started my new flock with beautiful chicks from Greenfire Farms and SkyBlue Eggs. They were not cheap, and they are well loved. I have mostly rare breeds at the moment, and I would love to add some Lavender Orpington for their color and sweet temperament. I will probably be driving up north of Naples later this week. If your rehoming with the other family did not work out, please let me know. Perhaps I can meet you someplace off I-75 and give your chicks a great new home. I can send pics of their future coop to be. We call it the Coop-de-ville, as it is quite nice. Thanks! MaryZoe

Hi MaryZoe, I'm not sure how many the other lady wanted. I haven't heard. How many are you looking to get? I would like to keep at least two for myself, maybe three. Thanks! Lisa

Back
Top Bottom