Lavender Orpington project ....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kathyinmo, Apr 19, 2010.

1. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pic of a Self Blue cockerel from July hatch
    Brute Larson
    [​IMG]

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I'm drooling! [​IMG]

3. lildinkem

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I am very lucky. Only three people have these in the States that I know of. I did n't even ask and was given the opportunity to raise him. I will return the favor with eggs from this boy and 3 bamma pullets I have. I also have a couple of other Black pullets to use him on. I can't wait till spring.​

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle

I am very lucky. Only three people have these in the States that I know of. I did n't even ask and was given the opportunity to raise him. I will return the favor with eggs from this boy and 3 bamma pullets I have. I also have a couple of other Black pullets to use him on. I can't wait till spring.

You are gonna have some pretty babies!

5. lildinkem

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:I am very lucky. Only three people have these in the States that I know of. I did n't even ask and was given the opportunity to raise him. I will return the favor with eggs from this boy and 3 bamma pullets I have. I also have a couple of other Black pullets to use him on. I can't wait till spring.

You are gonna have some pretty babies!​

You would think so. But, you never know how two different lines will hook up. I will make sure to hatch and keep a bunch to choose from

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:You are gonna have some pretty babies!

You would think so. But, you never know how two different lines will hook up. I will make sure to hatch and keep a bunch to choose from

Is that the only rooster you have like that?

7. lildinkem

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:You would think so. But, you never know how two different lines will hook up. I will make sure to hatch and keep a bunch to choose from

Is that the only rooster you have like that?​

I have two others. Who maybe only splits. One I am going to keep for sure. the other we will have to see how he finishes out.
    Here is Waldo
    [​IMG]
    Here are the two together with my only lav cockerel on the right
    [​IMG]

8. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    LOVE ALL THE PICTURES THEY ARE WONDERFUL i WANT SOME!

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Quote:He has a lot of dark pattern for a self blue. Are you sure he's not a split or regular blue? We've had cuckoos for a while, but handed them off to a local friend to work on, while we're busy with our other projects. They pop up rather easily from white orps. Pretty birds!

10. lildinkem

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Quote:He has a lot of dark pattern for a self blue. Are you sure he's not a split or regular blue? We've had cuckoos for a while, but handed them off to a local friend to work on, while we're busy with our other projects. They pop up rather easily from white orps. Pretty birds!

Hink this is what he is.
    Brute is a lavender(self blue), Blue, Barred. His genotype is lav/lav (lavender) self blue, Bl/bl+ blue, B/b+ cuckoo/barred with only one gene for barring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by