Lavender Orpington project ....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kathyinmo, Apr 19, 2010.

  1. lildinkem

    lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

    3,552
    21
    211
    Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pic of a Self Blue cockerel from July hatch
    Brute Larson
    [​IMG]
     
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

    15,958
    45
    323
    Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I'm drooling! [​IMG]
     
  3. lildinkem

    lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

    3,552
    21
    211
    Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

    Quote:I'm drooling! [​IMG]

    I am very lucky. Only three people have these in the States that I know of. I did n't even ask and was given the opportunity to raise him. I will return the favor with eggs from this boy and 3 bamma pullets I have. I also have a couple of other Black pullets to use him on. I can't wait till spring.​
     
  4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

    15,958
    45
    323
    Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I'm drooling! [​IMG]

    I am very lucky. Only three people have these in the States that I know of. I did n't even ask and was given the opportunity to raise him. I will return the favor with eggs from this boy and 3 bamma pullets I have. I also have a couple of other Black pullets to use him on. I can't wait till spring.

    You are gonna have some pretty babies!
     
  5. lildinkem

    lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

    3,552
    21
    211
    Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

    Quote:I am very lucky. Only three people have these in the States that I know of. I did n't even ask and was given the opportunity to raise him. I will return the favor with eggs from this boy and 3 bamma pullets I have. I also have a couple of other Black pullets to use him on. I can't wait till spring.

    You are gonna have some pretty babies!​

    You would think so. But, you never know how two different lines will hook up. I will make sure to hatch and keep a bunch to choose from
     
  6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

    15,958
    45
    323
    Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:You are gonna have some pretty babies!

    You would think so. But, you never know how two different lines will hook up. I will make sure to hatch and keep a bunch to choose from

    Is that the only rooster you have like that?
     
  7. lildinkem

    lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

    3,552
    21
    211
    Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

    Quote:You would think so. But, you never know how two different lines will hook up. I will make sure to hatch and keep a bunch to choose from

    Is that the only rooster you have like that?​

    I have two others. Who maybe only splits. One I am going to keep for sure. the other we will have to see how he finishes out.
    Here is Waldo
    [​IMG]
    Here are the two together with my only lav cockerel on the right
    [​IMG]
     
  8. kera!

    kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

    436
    1
    111
    Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    LOVE ALL THE PICTURES THEY ARE WONDERFUL i WANT SOME!
     
  9. hinkjc

    hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

    12,685
    59
    331
    Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Quote:He has a lot of dark pattern for a self blue. Are you sure he's not a split or regular blue? We've had cuckoos for a while, but handed them off to a local friend to work on, while we're busy with our other projects. They pop up rather easily from white orps. Pretty birds!
     
  10. lildinkem

    lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

    3,552
    21
    211
    Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Quote:He has a lot of dark pattern for a self blue. Are you sure he's not a split or regular blue? We've had cuckoos for a while, but handed them off to a local friend to work on, while we're busy with our other projects. They pop up rather easily from white orps. Pretty birds!

    Hink this is what he is.
    Brute is a lavender(self blue), Blue, Barred. His genotype is lav/lav (lavender) self blue, Bl/bl+ blue, B/b+ cuckoo/barred with only one gene for barring.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by