Lavender Orpington project ....

Pic of a Self Blue cockerel from July hatch
Brute Larson
000_9614.jpg

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
I'm drooling!
droolin.gif

I am very lucky. Only three people have these in the States that I know of. I did n't even ask and was given the opportunity to raise him. I will return the favor with eggs from this boy and 3 bamma pullets I have. I also have a couple of other Black pullets to use him on. I can't wait till spring.​

Quote:
I'm drooling!
droolin.gif

I am very lucky. Only three people have these in the States that I know of. I did n't even ask and was given the opportunity to raise him. I will return the favor with eggs from this boy and 3 bamma pullets I have. I also have a couple of other Black pullets to use him on. I can't wait till spring.

You are gonna have some pretty babies!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
I am very lucky. Only three people have these in the States that I know of. I did n't even ask and was given the opportunity to raise him. I will return the favor with eggs from this boy and 3 bamma pullets I have. I also have a couple of other Black pullets to use him on. I can't wait till spring.

You are gonna have some pretty babies!​

You would think so. But, you never know how two different lines will hook up. I will make sure to hatch and keep a bunch to choose from

Quote:
You are gonna have some pretty babies!

You would think so. But, you never know how two different lines will hook up. I will make sure to hatch and keep a bunch to choose from

Is that the only rooster you have like that?

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:

Is that the only rooster you have like that?​

I have two others. Who maybe only splits. One I am going to keep for sure. the other we will have to see how he finishes out.
Here is Waldo
000_9625.jpg

Here are the two together with my only lav cockerel on the right
000_9615.jpg

Quote:
He has a lot of dark pattern for a self blue. Are you sure he's not a split or regular blue? We've had cuckoos for a while, but handed them off to a local friend to work on, while we're busy with our other projects. They pop up rather easily from white orps. Pretty birds!

Quote:
He has a lot of dark pattern for a self blue. Are you sure he's not a split or regular blue? We've had cuckoos for a while, but handed them off to a local friend to work on, while we're busy with our other projects. They pop up rather easily from white orps. Pretty birds!

Hink this is what he is.
Brute is a lavender(self blue), Blue, Barred. His genotype is lav/lav (lavender) self blue, Bl/bl+ blue, B/b+ cuckoo/barred with only one gene for barring.

Back
Top Bottom