Lavender Orpington project ....

His legs are much bigger around too, another sign.

Yes, I noticed that.... So happy!
big_smile.png

I am in WA state and want a Lavender Orpington so bad! Where can I get one in WA or does anyone in WA want me to order some from a hatchery and we can split the cost? I am about an hour north of Seattle.

Last edited:
I am in WA state and want a Lavender Orpington so bad! Where can I get one in WA OR does anyone in WA want me to order some from a hatchery and we can split the cost? I am about an hour north of Seattle.

Hold on, I may know someone who has some near you, hatcheries are poor quality when it comes to anything but meat and egg chickens. I'll message her tomorrow if you want.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what a "black split to lavender" chicken is? I know someone who is getting eggs in hopes of hens to mate with her rooster(s). She has 3 Lavender Orp roosters. If you do this cross can you get pure lavender orps?

Thanks!

Can someone explain to me what a "black split to lavender" chicken is? I know someone who is getting eggs in hopes of hens to mate with her rooster(s). She has 3 Lavender Orp roosters. If you do this cross can you get pure lavender orps?

Thanks!
Black split to Lavender are Black Orps that carry one copy of the Lavender gene. It takes 2 copies to visually see Lavender, a copy from both parents. The only way to know if you have all Black splits is if you hatch from parents that have one pure Lavender parent. If neither parent is pure Lavender, some of the chicks won't pick up the gene at all and just be pure Black. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom