Lavender Orpington project ....

Okay, this is the best I could do...they are under a red heat lamp, so the color is off, but at least you can see the difference I referred to:

46167_img_1940.jpg

46167_img_1934.jpg

46167_img_1948.jpg

Last edited:
Mottled it is then---Thank you to everyone for your expertise! This forum is like having a personal geneticist on call at all times.
smile.png
I really appreciate the help!
Jeremy, if they are that enticing, I'll keep posting pictures until you agree to a trade.
wink.png

Quote:
hahaha, good one, matte! Let's see if Jeremy will do that!

Alot of people culled out the mottled, and now they are sorta hard to find. I have had several people ask me about getting them, but I no longer have any. If you breed for the Lavender Mottled, you will likely get several requests.

Quote:

Alot of people culled out the mottled, and now they are sorta hard to find. I have had several people ask me about getting them, but I no longer have any. If you breed for the Lavender Mottled, you will likely get several requests.

Interesting. Why would some want the mottled? Is the mottled gene useful for other breeding projects?

Quote:

Interesting. Why would some want the mottled? Is the mottled gene useful for other breeding projects?

I just like the look of the mottling and like my lavender color. You can send those babies this way anytime!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Agreed, Mottled is gorgeous.

Black Mottled.

OrpMott.JPEG

You let me know when you have visually Mottled chicks, and we'll work out a deal.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom