Lavender Orpington Thread

I have 6 Lavender Orpingtons And I Just Love Them They Are So Pretty And Very Calm!!!!!!!
1f413.png
2764.png

I think Sissy is in need of a new name. LOL

lau.gif
lau.gif

Hahaha.. I was in denial for a long time and now we just appreciate the irony. I agree LOL.

gig.gif
Poor fella....
big_smile.png

Here's my Sebright, Trouble, & her giant orp chicks. The lavs hatched on May 13th & the black orp on May 18th. (She was easily adopted by this great broody.)

They are now about 6 weeks old. They surpassed her in size about a week ago, but she still leads them around & tries to cover them at night. For a breed that "seldom goes broody" she has some strong maternal instincts.

Of course my regular broody (a bantam orp: Cookie) could not let Trouble steal all the attention.
Her chicks hatched June 22nd.

love.gif

I have a broody lavender that has been on eggs for 6 weeks. The first set, nothing hatched, so I gave her 4 new eggs, figuring she'd give up, but I saw an internal pip today!

This was supposed to be a sexed pullet. I am growing increasingly concerned as to the gender (she is 7 weeks old) but have heard that LO's can be hard to sex. I would love to hear from some of those who are truly experienced with LO's. I already have one mis-sexed chick of a different breed, so now I am very concerned. Thoughts?

This was supposed to be a sexed pullet. I am growing increasingly concerned as to the gender (she is 7 weeks old) but have heard that LO's can be hard to sex. I would love to hear from some of those who are truly experienced with LO's. I already have one mis-sexed chick of a different breed, so now I am very concerned. Thoughts?

"She" looks a little roo-ish to me. It is very difficult to sex orps. Although the comb is short, the waddles look like they're dropping. At only 7 wks, that is what makes me think it's a male.

My little lavender orpington chick is 4 weeks old now and I am really leaning towards rooster... what do you guys think? AND, is it normal for them to be so slow at this feathering phase, he's quite an unsightly little thing right now. (Sorry for the olive egger taking up the pictures, he was being a camera hog...)

Back
Top Bottom