Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
So sorry to hear about your chickens! Hope you find out what's afflicting your flock. Best of luck.
Thanks :) Yeah, at first I was thinking they had a heart attack or something, but more died. They all had the same symptoms, so i'm starting to wonder if its a diseases thats spreading through the flock... I really hope they all make it
fl.gif

What would I get if I had my lav roo covering lemon cuckoo s. Thanks for helping. Lost in genetics

~Silly Roosters~
Today I was outside in the garden and I hear cluck cluck and scratch scratch. I look up and in this old abandoned plant pot there is one of our Lav males just standing in there. Hmmm
900x900px-LL-1982f37a_IMGP2984.jpeg

I come a little closer and say "whatcha doing?"
He said, "Who Me?"

LL

"What do you have in there?" I hear scratch scratch and it obviously isn't the rooster I see...

AH HA!!!! So that's what's going on. I've noticed that the young roos around here like to practice making nests. The first guy was standing guard while the other roo pretended to be the girl making the nest lol.

900x900px-LL-30816949_IMGP2983.jpeg

Upon closer inspection..

LL

Silly Roosters!

900x900px-LL-57001f61_IMGP3009.jpeg

~Silly Roosters~
Today I was outside in the garden and I hear cluck cluck and scratch scratch. I look up and in this old abandoned plant pot there is one of our Lav males just standing in there. Hmmm

I come a little closer and say "whatcha doing?"
He said, "Who Me?"

LL

"What do you have in there?" I hear scratch scratch and it obviously isn't the rooster I see...

AH HA!!!! So that's what's going on. I've noticed that the young roos around here like to practice making nests. The first guy was standing guard while the other roo pretended to be the girl making the nest lol.

Upon closer inspection..

LL

Silly Roosters!

LOL!!!! Thats hilarious!!
gig.gif

[COLOR=800080]~Silly Roosters~[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]Today I was outside in the garden and I hear cluck cluck and scratch scratch. I look up and in this old abandoned plant pot there is one of our Lav males just standing in there. Hmmm[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]I come a little closer and say "whatcha doing?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]He said, "Who Me?"[/COLOR]
LL
[COLOR=008000]"What do you have in there?" I hear scratch scratch and it obviously isn't the rooster I see...[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]AH HA!!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=008000]So that's what's going on. I've noticed that the young roos around here like to practice making nests. The first guy was standing guard while the other roo pretended to be the girl making the nest lol.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF0000]Upon closer inspection..[/COLOR]
LL
[COLOR=4B0082]Silly Roosters![/COLOR]
Wow that is soo cute and funny!! And they are gorgeous as well:)!a!

Hi, thank you. I love all my lav orps. The males are just the goofiest things. They usually will trip all over themselves trying to run up to me every time I go outside to see if I brought them anything good to eat. They are all super sweet, sweeter than the girls even. One of our lav males is crazy for toads. We have toads hopping all over our yard once it gets dark. In the morning, this guy will go searching around until he finds one and spear it with his beak and run around with it, getting all the others to chase him. Finally, he sits down and eats it all. Good thing we don't have the poisonous toads here lol.

Shelbydog your girl does look lavender from the pic. Very cute!

I have 2 hens about 6 months old, we just switched them to layer crumbles from medicated chick starter and I was wanting to know when they will start laying and how soon we could eat their eggs?

Back
Top Bottom