Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
Here are some new pics of a few of my lavs. They are 2 months old and have such sweet personalities :)

Just wanted to share an updated pick of our Lav Orps. 6 months old so still have some growing to do but they are getting to be massive birds! I just wish they would start laying already!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!!!
I have 4 lavender orpingtons that I hatched out from mail order eggs 10 weeks ago.
From the beginning I have always thought I had 3 pullets and 1 cockeral based on how quickly 3 started to get tail feathers as baby chicks and the 1 that took much longer.
3 definitely look like girls as far as their tails and feathers go, but they're getting red on their face. Is 10 weeks too early for red? All have about the same size wattles and no really big combs.
I'd love to hear if you guys conquer with my opinion.
Also, I only plan to keep 1 hen so if I have 3 girls and a boy what do you think would be a fair asking price for a trio (2 girls and a boy). I would wait until laying age to sell them.
THANKS!!!

Hey guys! I'm so sorry about abandoning this thread, i've just been really busy lately... We've lost most of our Lavender Orps from predators and unknown causes.. Right now we're trying to figure out why our chickens are suddenly dying, so we can't get anymore Lavenders until we figure out whats going on :(

Back
Top Bottom