Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
We had gotten 15 eggs from Hinkjc and hatched out 1 (aka fluffy butt :) as my kids call him/her) then ordered 14 more live chicks from a breeder. So 15 Lavenders, 2 Jubilee english (5 more chicks to come this fall) , and 7 black English. Plus I have about 30 laying hens that are assorted breeds nothing with great type, just good layers that I sell the eggs locally. Keeps my kids busy and they love helping and collecting eggs. I use to raise bantam cochins and showed them, but then got married and life happened got out of the chicken business and now that my kids see pictures of me when I was little showing they want to try it out :) So the Orps will be there's to show, they are already fighting over which chick is who's .....so cute to see them enjoying this :) Takes me back :)

So i decided to help someone with a Lavender Cuckoo Orp. He stumbled upon this by accident and has one hen. So i got some eggs from him and going to help him out. Not knowing if his rooster has one or two barred genes

So i decided to help someone with a Lavender Cuckoo Orp. He stumbled upon this by accident and has one hen. So i got some eggs from him and going to help him out. Not knowing if his rooster has one or two barred genes
Good luck with that. Sounds fun. BTW, beautiful bird in your avatar. What is he?

Hi! I am new to Lavender Orpingtons but I am having so much fun raising them! They are soooo sweet and spoiled rotten :)

Nice photos. Its so great to have kids involved with chickens!

Ya see that's why I have the lavender orps, they look so pretty on the lawn especially on cloudy days or during the twilight hours! Like puffy pastel party balloons :)

One of my little roos was running around with something in his mouth today and trying to cluck at the same time. He kept putting it down and when I went to see what it was, he would grab it and run.
The other chickens were chasing him too lol. It turned out to be a huge dead frog
sickbyc.gif

Our lav babies are 4 mos old now. Our lav roo died right after we set the eggs so I guess mother nature made up for it and gave us 7 boys and 4 girls! These lavender males are just huge. They are almost as big as my Black American Orpington already and he is huge! Their dad was really big but no where near as fluffy as these guys.

Look at the color variation in these two sisters. They're 3 months old. I can't believe the difference. I feel like lavender is a gene that doesn't vary much in color. But I love them!

Look at the color variation in these two sisters. They're 3 months old. I can't believe the difference. I feel like lavender is a gene that doesn't vary much in color. But I love them!

Back
Top Bottom