Lavender Orpington vs. Blue Australorp?

Shredded feathers are usually noticeable in the hackle and saddle feathers too. Photos below are of two different hens.
View attachment 2937887
View attachment 2937888

@dorklandresident , though I've been very happy with my friendly, sweet-natured and intelligent $1.99 lav orp straight runs (much friendlier than my buff orps), your hens are Very beautiful. If I wanted quality lav orps, I would definitely be interested in the breeder where you got yours.

@BirdsBeesTrees , i'm very surprised that None of the chicks in photo you posted on November 2 were lavender orpingtons. Do all of your blue pullets have straight combs? In addition to lavender orpingtons, i also have blue Australorps and blue Wyandottes. All are blue-laced, but they are different in body type and feathering, & of course Wyandottes have rose combs. Though you've now ruled out lav orps, I am curious if you know what breed(s) you do have.
Thank you for posting those pictures. I don't see any of those feather on my hens. Even if they did, it probably wouldn't matter since I am not breeding or showing them. I do LOVE their temperament. Very sweet and docile. A little bit dumb though compared to other chickens I have had.

@3KillerBs , I meant to address my first post to You:
i'm very surprised that None of the chicks in photo you posted on November 2 were lavender orpingtons. Do all of your blue pullets have straight combs? In addition to lavender orpingtons, i also have blue Australorps and blue Wyandottes. All are blue-laced, but they are different in body type and feathering, & of course Wyandottes have rose combs. Though you've now ruled out lav orps, I am curious if you know what breed(s) you do have.

Do you have any pictures of adults with this? I have LOs I got from a local breeder that does mostly rare breeds. I don't think mine have shredded feathers, but now I am not so sure.

They were $25 per pullet so I hope they were good quality...
This is an adult with it not my bird but a breeder ive bought from but not lavenders
Screenshot_20211223-182157_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom