Lavender Orpington

Angileen

Songster
Oct 5, 2019
Minnesota, USA
Just wanted to make a thread to post pictures and talk about your Lavender Orpington's.

Here are a few pictures of my Lavender Orpington's at 4 months old. The second picture shows the Pullet in the background. Don't have a good picture of her yet. She is one of my largest pullets so far. Purchased at Hoover Hatchery. I know that hatchery birds are most likely not to standard but that is not important to me. I love my birds and think they are beautiful and fun to be around. I think my cockerel is a handsome devil. He is extremely mellow, lazy and hardly ever crows. Can not wait to see what he will look like when fully mature. Would love to see photos of other peoples Lavender Orrington's.
LO4months.jpg

Attachments

• LO4months2.jpg
    LO4months2.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 16
  • LOandSS4months.jpg
    LOandSS4months.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Just wanted to make a thread to post pictures and talk about your Lavender Orpington's.

Here are a few pictures of my Lavender Orpington's at 4 months old. The second picture shows the Pullet in the background. Don't have a good picture of her yet. She is one of my largest pullets so far. Purchased at Hoover Hatchery. I know that hatchery birds are most likely not to standard but that is not important to me. I love my birds and think they are beautiful and fun to be around. I think my cockerel is a handsome devil. He is extremely mellow, lazy and hardly ever crows. Can not wait to see what he will look like when fully mature. Would love to see photos of other peoples Lavender Orrington's.View attachment 1933222
He is gorgeous!:love

very pretty, where did you get your birds from?
Wilco. They, unlike TSC, actually have some chicken knowledge. At least ours does. They are straight run because I was hoping to get a cockerel. Looks like I got 2 which is fine with me. And thanks. I think LOs are beautiful. My favs are BO's, but I like a little variety, just staying within the orpington line from now on. Such nice birds.

Wilco. They, unlike TSC, actually have some chicken knowledge. At least ours does. They are straight run because I was hoping to get a cockerel. Looks like I got 2 which is fine with me. And thanks. I think LOs are beautiful. My favs are BO's, but I like a little variety, just staying within the orpington line from now on. Such nice birds.
I order my chickens from Hoover because they deliver to L and M Fleet. And L and M fleet take care of your chicks for you until you pick them up. I can also order a very limited number if I wanted as long as I order them when L and M gets their chicks in to sell for Hoover. I live in a small town and our post office closes at 10 AM. I am afraid my chicks would die before I got them or the Post Office would be closed when the delivery came. I also work in the City where L and M Fleet is so it is easy to pick them up after work. I would order from more specialized breeders if I thought I wouldn't miss a delivery. I may order hatching eggs some day. I have a mixed flock of 33 with 10 different breeds. I mainly wanted them for pets and to sell and eat eggs. I also wanted pretty, docile, and winter hardy birds since I live in northern Minnesota. It can get down to 40 below zero. I did order some cockerels just in case I wanted to hatch a few chicks for myself and maybe to sell for cheap to local people. I ordered 3 cockerels but ended up with 4. They all get along great so far. My lavender orpington by is the most mellow by far. I don't know if he will ever take an interest in the ladies my other 3 do chase the ladies around a bit. ;)

Back
Top Bottom