Layena Recall -

OK, it seems to be limited to just one of their mills and a specific lot number of feed.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- St. Louis, Mo., April 16, 2010 -- Purina Mills, LLC, is voluntarily recalling two specific lots of 50-pound bags of Strategy
00ae.png
Professional Formula GX horse feed and one lot of Layena
00ae.png
SunFresh
00ae.png
Recipe Pellet poultry feed. The recall is being implemented due to the discovery of metal fragments in a limited number of bags from one of the Strategy
00ae.png
product lots. At the time the recall was issued, five customer complaints had been received. No animal health issues had been reported.

The products being recalled were manufactured in Nashville, Tennessee, on March 24-25, 2010. They were shipped to retailers and dealers in Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri and Virginia.

Only the following specific products and lot numbers are involved in the recall:
Formula No. Item No. Description Lot Number
35SS 0066547 Strategy
00ae.png
Professional Formula GX 0MAR24NST1A1
35SS 0066547 Strategy
00ae.png
Professional Formula GX 0MAR24NST2A1
61R3 0056922 Layena
00ae.png
SunFresh
00ae.png
Recipe Pellet 0MAR25NST2A1

The lot number is found on the sewing strip of each bag and is interpreted as follows:
0=Year / MAR=Month / 24=Day of Month / NST1A1=Plant Code.

Customers with products that do not have the specified lot numbers are not affected by the recall.

.....Alan.

Thanks a billion for this post. I am glad it doesnt say Layena Crumbles because I would be messed up.

Dang! Go figure, its my most favorite feed! Their poops are great on this stuff, and I think my chickens are more beautiful than ever! I will check the lot number tomorrow.

Lucky, its warm out now and they're hardly touching the feed again, got their gullets so full of yard stuff they're stuffed by bedtime............

Back
Top Bottom