Layer pellets & scratch?? Less eggs or more?

I'm also in CT and yes, it is getting quite hot. I have no in practice experience with chickens (they're coming on Tuesday! :celebrate) but from what I have read scratch is not meant to be food, but should be a treat. I know of a farm that sells chicks and started pullets-they're a bit pricey though. Here's a link: https://www.clarkfarmbusiness.com/chickens-for-sale
Oh i have heard terrible terrible things about that place...and it has horrible reviews.. it's not even a farm when you get there at the house with no property just check out the reviews yeah, I know better know so glad you're joining in on the chicken Journey I've had them for 28 years on and off and it's so rewarding and great! Congratulation

For grown out FBCM Pullets 12 weeks old I charged $30
For chicks I charged $10
Right now I don’t have any forsale.. all I have are mixed breeds left, which are 1/2 FBCM. I had 5 hens go broody and I just kept letting them sit on eggs. So needless to say I am starting to have to watch out where I step so I don’t squish them😂
I spent quite a few bucks this year on hatching eggs from several different breeders to nice diversity in my FBCM stock.
Those are great prices!!!!!!! Ill message you when I figure out what im doing... and see what you have available... im from the Northfrod Durham area... ya middlenof nowhere!!!! One year I was hatching so many chicks I actually did step on one! But don't tell anybody.

Oh i have heard terrible terrible things about that place...and it has horrible reviews.. it's not even a farm when you get there at the house with no property just check out the reviews yeah, I know better know so glad you're joining in on the chicken Journey I've had them for 28 years on and off and it's so rewarding and great! Congratulation
Uh oh...thanks for the heads up! My friends got their coop from there, and their first set of chickens and were happy with it, but I'll make sure not to buy from them. How do you read the reviews? Now I'm curious! Yes, I'm also so excited for chickens...we're starting with laying hens, so that we can see what it's like without having to raise chicks first. If it works out, I'd love to get chicks in a year or two!

Those are great prices!!!!!!! Ill message you when I figure out what im doing... and see what you have available... im from the Northfrod Durham area... ya middlenof nowhere!!!! One year I was hatching so many chicks I actually did step on one! But don't tell anybody.
I try to be fair with my prices. This is a hobby for me and helps pay for some of my and may changes I keep making on the barn for the feathered friends. For example I sell hatching eggs for $10 a dozen. And if your not happy or don’t have a good hatch rate I’ll make it right . Even though I can’t control people’s hatching ability.
Reach out whenever you like I’m usually on.
I did an addition in Durham yes your out in the middle of no where.lol

Uh oh...thanks for the heads up! My friends got their coop from there, and their first set of chickens and were happy with it, but I'll make sure not to buy from them. How do you read the reviews? Now I'm curious! Yes, I'm also so excited for chickens...we're starting with laying hens, so that we can see what it's like without having to raise chicks first. If it works out, I'd love to get chicks in a year or two!
Search them on Google and then hit reviews. I know the chicken World in Connecticut like the back of my hand so feel free to ask me anything message me whatever

I try to be fair with my prices. This is a hobby for me and helps pay for some of my and may changes I keep making on the barn for the feathered friends. For example I sell hatching eggs for $10 a dozen. And if your not happy or don’t have a good hatch rate I’ll make it right . Even though I can’t control people’s hatching ability.
Reach out whenever you like I’m usually on.
I did an addition in Durham yes your out in the middle of no where.lol
Thanks!!!!!! And i heard alot of roosters hatched this year...

Back
Top Bottom