Laying hens less than 1 year old (Boulder CO)

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by maggiemo, Mar 11, 2013.

1. maggiemo

maggiemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Front Range Colorado
    I have 5 healthy, hatchery stock, laying hens for sale.$10 each.
    I need to make room for this year's chicks. I have 2 Silver leghorns, 2 barred rocks, and one buff Orpington that are almost 11 months old and laying well and nice birds that are easy to handle.
    I would like them to go together and won't sell less than 3 to a person. I want to make sure they have somewhat of a flock amongst themselves for security where ever they go. I have a couple EE'ers and more barred rocks I could sell if anyone wants more. I thought I would start with just a few and see how this goes.
    These girls have been feed Ranchway organic feed all thier lives. I say this because I am not sure if they would be picky and not eat anything else.
    I just want to be upfront with everything.
    THese are great hens. I just need some room. I hope someone on this board can take them.
    Thanks for reading this. Oh, I can take pictures tomorrow if you want to see them.

Mo

2. annaFortCollins

annaFortCollins New Egg

Mar 21, 2013
    Hi,
    My name is Anna and I was very excited to see your post.
    I would like to get chickens, I am vegan myself, but I cook eggs for my son, and I think chickens would be perfect pets for him, he loves watching chickens that my friend has.
    I am planning to build a coop this weekend or a weekend after. I was thinking having 2-3 birds maximum to start with, but I would like to build a big, completely fenced coop. I have a big backyard, and I have enough space for them to be comfortable.
    Please contact me by e-mail at [email protected] (preferentially) or call me 9704816598.
    I live in Fort Collins and can come pick birds up when I am ready to host them (1-2 weeks from here).
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Anna

3. corlissdevgroup

corlissdevgroup New Egg

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello,

I live in Foxboro, MA and I currently have 5 Rhode Island Reds that are about a year old laying very nicely for me and wanted to add a few more layers to my flock. I saw your ad and thought that your hens might make a nice addition. I would only be interested in three. I was curious what color eggs they lay and if the hens are cold hardy as it gets pretty cold here in winter.
    Thanks
    DJ

4. annaFortCollins

annaFortCollins New Egg

Mar 21, 2013
    Hi,
    My name is Anna and I was very excited to see your post.
    I would like to get chickens, I am vegan myself, but I cook eggs for my son, and I think chickens would be perfect pets for him, he loves watching chickens that my friend has.
    I am planning to build a coop this weekend, I already have all materials but the fence to protect them from foxes. I was thinking having 2-3 birds maximum to start with, but I would like to build a big, completely fenced coop. I have a big backyard, and I have enough space for them to be comfortable.
    Please contact me by e-mail at [email protected] (preferentially) or call me 9704816598.
    I live in Fort Collins and can come pick birds up when I am ready to host them (1-2 weeks from here).
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Anna

5. gammagain

gammagain New Egg

Aug 15, 2013
    I am interested in three laying hens. I live near Niwot and can pick them up at any time. They will join my other three hens.

Thanks. 303 506 3004
    [email protected]

margy

6. Erikaloveshens

Erikaloveshens New Egg

Feb 20, 2014
    I will take them all! Please call me, I can come get them today!
    303-931-9239
    Erika

7. Adam Junior

Adam Junior New Egg

May 20, 2014
    Hi,
    I dont suppose you have any laying hens left since a couple other people already responded. My wife and I are first time hen owners and we just had 5 out of 6 eaten by a fox or a coyote. We are devastated and are desperately looking for some hens for the sole survivor of the group :/ If you do have some we would love to purchase some from you. Unfortunately we can only afford 3 since we have already invested so much in the first group. Please let me know. thank you.

Adam

8. aanderson13

aanderson13 New Egg

Oct 7, 2014
    Hello,
    One of my chickens was eaten by some kind of wildlife last night and now I am down to one. I am interested in purchasing three of your laying hens. They would have free range of my full backyard and I have been feeding ours exactly what you have been feeding yours. Would you be interested in selling them to me?

9. lucretiajones

lucretiajones New Egg

Jul 28, 2015
    We would like to buy all 5 of your hens if they are still available!

720-369-2318

Lucretia Jones

10. ddaehnick

ddaehnick New Egg

Feb 19, 2011
    Hi Mo,
    I would be able to take all 5. I currently have 4 nice girls who have been together for the past 3 years. I would do a slow intro so no one gets bullied. We also feed ranchway organic and they free range daily on our 2.5 acres. Nice life - heat lamps in winter, lots of attention, etc.

Let me know.
    Regards,
    Debbie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by