LeafBlade12345's random chat thread

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by LeafBlade12345, Oct 5, 2015.

1. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's nice. Do you have any good pictures of them? If you are a minor I reccomend not putting pictures of yourself with the chickens, but it is up to you, and, if you are under 18, ask a parent first.

2. Maxscumbag

Maxscumbag New Egg

Oct 7, 2015
    i have 4 barter blacks and browns (2 of each) and they are very loud but very sociable! I happen to have some great photos of them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LeafBlade12345

Cute! Are they pets or for meat/eggs?

4. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Hello there. I have 8 girls and 1 roo... Mixed flock. We just hit our rainy weather. My birds have a coop but they free range all day. I have a covered porch that they hang out in and have lots of low hanging trees... They will hang out in the rain. I was wondering if they self monitor and come in to dry land when they should or will they get themselves sick.?

5. LeafBlade12345

Welcome linda!
    Usually chickens will have enough sense to stay dry, roosting in trees, hiding on porches, even lumping up in a dog pile for warmth. Do you eat your eggs fertilized or only hatch and throw out? We unfortunately have not gotten much rain is Southern California, the drought is still going strong. There are reports that we may get some storms come Spring, but I'm not sure what to believe.

6. lindalouly

We eat our eggs... Haven't noticed a difference from fertilized to non fertilized eggs.... I will hatch if one of the girls get broody in spring.

7. youngchooklover

youngchooklover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    South Australia
    Hello!

8. lindalouly

I'm in western wa... First day of continuose rain. It's been dry for months with a burn ban, wild fires and drought. I welcome the rain!!! But I sure did love 90 degree weather this summer!!!

9. lindalouly

Hello youngchooklover!!!

10. youngchooklover

youngchooklover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    South Australia
    Hello thought I might meet some new people here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by