LeafBlade12345's random chat thread

It's a new thread so chat away. I have to head to bed but I'll be back in the morning. Nice meeting everyone and hope for some good chicken chat and beyond
1f61d.png

They're most definitely pets haha! They're about 26 months old now!

Little bit of a shame we live in a house in the middle of Sydney, so we're not allowed to have any roosters. D: It wouldn't make much of a difference anyway noisewise, we have one who we swear is a rooster, but she (presumably) lays eggs! Very confusing.

Yeah, she doesn't stop! It's only one of the girls though, and the others try to join in but aren't as loud. We think it's because they're board, (yes, spelling) but their coop is quite big, and they have loads of space to scratch around. She likes to jump up on a stick and crow. Maybe trying to get to the top of the pecking order?

Thanks!
Yes it does! Oh. I didn't know that haha.

They do that to establish dominance and to tell others that they aren't happy you are in my spot!!! Lol they also do it after they lay an egg.... Some think it is to deter preditors away from the nest. I get all 8 girls singing when the rooster tries to go in the nest box. They love putting him in his place.

Back
Top Bottom