Leaking Nipples

Chandra Prater

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2017
on the outskirts of Los Angeles
We have a PVC pipe waterer for our birds and it seems like some of the nipples are leaking. Do you often have to change out nipples on your waterers? Or do DIY waterers only have a limited lifespan? Don't get me wrong, we built it well, but chickens are super destructive. Do you have a favorite brand of chicken nipples?

P.S.: I am still a 12-year-old on the inside and can't stop giggling as I type this.

Hey guys, just noticed this thread and I wanted to let you know that the ones I ordered 3 years ago still don't drip. I use them outside throughout the year and in the brooders too.

They are Horizontal Chicken Nipples, sold by Columbus Aqua. It says that water won't stay inside and therefore are safe from freezing.

I also bought the Columbus aqua 5 pack of horizontal nipples off amazon - one on a 1.5 gal bucket in coop near their 5 gal diy feeder (bucket with a 3" pvc elbow, instructions elsewhere on byc) and 2 on a 5 gal bucket hanging under the coop for outside. No leaks anywhere after almost 2 months and hoping they don't freeze in winter as advertised. Undecided if will leave the little bucket in coop long term. Will toss a bird bath heater in the 5 gal bucket in the winter and pray.

"Leaking nipples..." there is a 5 month old human in my house at the moment - agree with above, the title gives me the giggles :)

I also bought the Columbus aqua 5 pack of horizontal nipples off amazon - one on a 1.5 gal bucket in coop near their 5 gal diy feeder (bucket with a 3" pvc elbow, instructions elsewhere on byc) and 2 on a 5 gal bucket hanging under the coop for outside. No leaks anywhere after almost 2 months and hoping they don't freeze in winter as advertised. Undecided if will leave the little bucket in coop long term. Will toss a bird bath heater in the 5 gal bucket in the winter and pray.

"Leaking nipples..." there is a 5 month old human in my house at the moment - agree with above, the title gives me the giggles :)
DrFeathers, I also use the DIY " no waste feeder" best thing I did for the girls feed. 100% no waste

Back
Top Bottom