leftovers, have lots of ham still?

missfitch

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Marysville Ohio
So did I, so I made my home made Split pea soup with cubed ham and its the best thing to use the ham bone too!!!!
anyone else have some old favorites?
Im bored and thinking about making a batch of my favorite peanut butter cookies!!!!

Leftover ham fried for breakfast drizzled with maple syrup.
droolin.gif

Ham bunwiches with yellow mustard.
A chunk of cold ham right out of the fridge!

If you have a couple of eggs (
lau.gif
), fried eggs & ham is yummy!

Quiche - throw in any cheese you have & call it good.

Scalloped potatoes with layers of ham & peas or asparagus

thats not funny my chickens havent started laying eggs yet!!!!
hit.gif

but it does sound good, Im going to check the coop, who knows maybe I will have one!!!
droolin.gif

Cube left over ham, 3-4 cups cooked rice, chop celery, chop 2 cloves garlic, 1 cup graded cheese, mix.
Put in greased casserole dish place 1/2 cup graded cheese with 1/4 cup green onion on top. 350* Bake till golden.

OK, you got me, I have been meaning to start my hambone soup. So now the beans are on and coming up to a boil. Soup's on!
We had two types of white beans on hand. Once the beans have been quick soaked - boil, rest for 1 hr. I will add the hambone, garlic, bay leaf, onion and possibly potatoe and let it all cook until those beans are ready. The ham bone will come out at some point and have the meat stripped off. Some mashing of the beans and potatoes will make a nice thick soup broth and we will be in soup heaven.

Thanks for the jump start!

Tonight we had fried ham on a couple slices of homemade bread slathered with cream cheese and pineapple and grilled to a golden brown on both sides..mmmmm.
droolin.gif

I do twiced baked potatoes with ham and broccoli and cheese and with a side salad to round out the meal. My kids eat like horses when I fix them.

Back
Top Bottom